Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Trumpin'

If we don't count a spire ( nobody lives on it anyway, sic ) than we have approx. 232 m of height which is
quite nothing...but 324...eh that was a dream...

This is a huge, enormous disappointment !

Some people are saying it will still look pretty tall
in regard to its slendernes, but that's a bad comfort...
The point is that our dream about MINT supposedly crown jewel is now finally blown away; after YEAR$ of strugle, expectations and hope...

Talkin' about 57 floor now is almost insulting...

PS:
I'm gettin' tired of al that shrinkage and nimby's.

money money money, must be funny...

Re: spire liar?

If Dr. Stubbs buys a few floors in this tower perhaps the shrinkage can be reversed?

^324m included the spire as well

and sure what you mean by shrinkage and nimbys

most adjustments are additions and the nimbys had nothing to do with trump's reduction

Re: Trumpin'

If we don't count a spire ( nobody lives on it anyway, sic ) than we have approx. 232 m of height which is
quite nothing...but 324...eh that was a dream...

This is a huge, enormous disappointment !

Some people are saying it will still look pretty tall
in regard to its slendernes, but that's a bad comfort...
The point is that our dream about MINT supposedly crown jewel is now finally blown away; after YEAR$ of strugle, expectations and hope...

Talkin' about 57 floor now is almost insulting...

PS:
I'm gettin' tired of al that shrinkage and nimby's.

money money money, must be funny...

I can't really see how this is a disappointment. It's still a massive tower that wouldn't have really made a mark on the skyline at it's previous height anyways.

You know we've become spoiled when people are complaining that a tower has been reduced to 919 feet.

Re: TrumpToronto

...and it was never, ever going to be a crown jewel at any height - it's not a good enough design. Who wants that crass blowhard Trump to have his name on the tallest building in our city anyway? Ugh! Not me - the man is a Philistine (sorry Philistines...).

sniffy 42

Re: Trumpin'

Wait, wait... MODERATOR 42?

Somebody got a promotion!

Thank you, thank you! I am available for congratulatory dinners you know...

hungry for some humble pie 42

If Dr. Stubbs buys a few floors in this tower perhaps the shrinkage can be reversed?

I've heard he can do anything with what is available.

so the meeting for the variance was today, n'est-ce pas? per Tony at SSP, these were the requests....

Agenda: http://www.toronto.ca/planning/south_agenda.pdf

Item 8: A0125/07TEY

The Variances requested are as follow:

1) decrease the minimum required NON-RESIDENTIAL GFA from 27,000 sq.m to 25,500 sq.m

2) increase maximum permitted number of dwelling units & guest rooms from 336 to 379

3) decrease the parking space size from a minimum 2.6m x 4.7m to 2.6m x 4.6m

There are NO variances sought for a decrease in height.. although a variance would probably not be needed, a Revised Site Plan would probably be though.

anyone have further info?

How many years did the EZboard forum show an illustration of this tower without a speck of dust being turned at the site? Too bad we can't fire Trump.

Back