Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Re: TrumpToronto

You mean a cute little "mini me" trump?

"eeeee!"

I wonder if this shrinkage will change the massing of the building. I am fearing the North York "squat effect" happening to the structure.

The building is 900 feet tall and the site isn't much bigger than that of 1 King. In no way will it look like NY Towers.

Re: Trump

Is it 100% sure that the tower will shrink or is there still a chance that it will go back to 68 or 70 stories?

One good thing is that the lot is small, hence the building will be fairly slender, making it look taller than it actually is.

919 ft, that's not as bad as I thought it would be.We should just be happy it's going ahead as I'm sure we've all had our doubts about this project from time to time. Thanks for keeping us up to date TrumpToronto.

I wonder if this shrinkage will change the massing of the building. I am fearing the North York "squat effect" happening to the structure.

are you kidding?

Re: spire liar?

but how long is the spire? how tall 'till the last floor?

a

will not add anything from the lake, but in turn the view of the building from the north will still be amazing and not that different and will stand as mighty as scotia and FCP.

Why not have 3 900+ footers next to each other?

I'm not aware of anywhere else with that kind of density (though I wouldn't be surprised if Dubai recently surpassed that).

I don't want to sound like i'm complaining, but I would have still preffered to have 1000fter next to two 900 fters. But I guess its correct to assume that the slenderness of this building will allow it to look pretty damn tall...

Re: spire liar?

Thank you TrumpToronto for the update. I will admit that the building is not to my taste, but I wish you the best in the year to come and hope for an early groundbreaking.

Re: a

At 919 feet it will still be Canada's second tallest building and will hardly appear stumpy. Granted, for those that were aware of it's initial height will undoubtedly pine over what could have been.

Better news than crap. And I can live with this minor variance.

Kind of funny that they have to ask to build less of a bad thing. If the design had been a good one I would mourn the loss of 13 floors, but here less is definitely more.

mies van der 42

Back