Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

sany05265.jpg

from this evening...

sany0525.jpg

Last edited:
really interesting to see how it will fit in from all these different angles. I think the quarter dome and spire somewhat saves an otherwise boring building...

It's a complex design. You have to wait until the end. The many different sections should come together when it's completed.

The varying floor heights alone makes Trump interesting. The setbacks are starting to have a visual impact. I doubt the height will be quite what the renders have shown, but I'd love to be wrong about that. Ultimately, the quarter dome and spire (with light feature) are what will make Trump work (or not). Trying to stay positive...

It's a complex design. You have to wait until the end. The many different sections should come together when it's completed.

Is it really that complex? The window runs appear in different sizes, the transition between cladding materials is clumsy, the lower portion of the lower east wall is miserable, balconies jut out here and there and the glass colour is not particularly attractive in my opinion. I don't think another twenty floors will make thing look any better.

Google Earth thinks that Trump's construction is far along enough that they have decided to include my model of it into their 3D Buildings layer...

They gave the facade too much credit. I wish it actually looked like that!

In the last picture there, I think the height of Trump is accurately portrayed. Compared to seeing the diagrams on skyscraper page and this picture, the top of the dome is about the same height in the middle of the 'V' on Scotia. The spire is just slightly taller than Scotia and slightly shorter than FCP, so it looks fairly accurate. Although, I do agree that when viewing it from the West, it could look a tad too tall.

Great photos and renders guys! Gotta say the base of the tower is looking good. Looks like the fins are going up at Adelaide. At least cladding is progressing at the base.

Back