Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

...going back to interchange's shot, i noticed on the top floor they're working on, there seems to be only 1 or 2 cutouts/doors in the concrete, anyone know why that is?, it seems like a weird floorplan to me.

To answer your question Steveve, I'm guessing what we are seeing there is the "Mid-Rise Mechanical" floor mentioned on this cross section. They will probably put glass cladding on the exterior to maintain the look of windows.

4771476828_593a878245_b.jpg

(Originally posted by ME on page 300 of this thread)

July 20 2010 update

Trump Tower from street level
Click to Enlarge

From 24th floor of Bay Adelaide Centre West - the windows are quite reflective !

Appears to be lighting on the step-back ledges
IMG_4928.jpg

Looking down ~

I wonder what this track is used for? :confused:
IMG_4929.jpg

Wow! Thanks for the neat views Solaris!

That track is how they suspend the window-washing style stages that the facade crew are using to install the glass and granite. They couldn't suspend the stages from the hoarding above... (It wouldn't be secure or stable enough). The track holds the electric winches which are used to maneuver the curtain wall sections in place as they are hanging them on the building. The track is moved up as the tower climbs higher.

Other than Mo-tage... Solaris you are one of the very few that takes their camera to work. Why don't we see more photographs on UT from other buildings more often? For instance, why have we never seen a shot of Trump from Commerce Court West?

Last edited:
Awesome news Urbandreamer! Trump will probably be the centerpiece of the CDB considering its best shown-off from the northwest and the spire :D. it will beg for attention :D

Oh Wow..
It is a lot skinnier than I thought it'd be.. especially from the East/West
The size of Scotia Plaza will only exaggerate that too..

P.S. I am so pumped for when this is finished! Especially the spire.. Toronto needs more non-flat top buildings, that's why I love the Ritz so much

Last edited:
AMAZING angles you got there Solaris! I love how close the Bay Adelaide Centre is to trump! Its extreme density!.. It looks like trump is 6 feet next to you :D!. The colour choices just pop on trump! You gotta love how much this tower stands out!. Lovin the density/shots :)

The green and grey on Trump aren't gelling yet...maybe they won't. We'll see how it all works on the ground level, though, which isn't exactly a trivial component, especially since Trump won't add much to the skyline other than fill. I think it'll fit in nice, overall, for this stretch of Bay.

Excellent photo shots steveve

I am still impressed by the iconic building (Scotia Tower) Robert Campeau left us before his demise on the world scene.

RM

Back