Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Re: RE: Trump Toronto

Here's a slightly different spin from Commercial Property News:

$310M Construction Financing Deal in Place for Trump Condo-Hotel in Toronto
March 23, 2007
By Barbra Murray, Contributing Editor

Talon International Development Inc. and joint venture partner Donald Trump have secured financing for the construction of Trump International Hotel & Tower, Toronto. The project (pictured), which marks the Trump International Hotel & Tower brand's debut outside U.S. borders, carries a total development price tag of approximately $500 million.

Raiffeisen Zentralbank osterreich AG, Austria's third largest bank, provided the loan. It is likely that the prominent team behind the endeavor and the project's success in advance of its completion--there have been in excess of $250 million in pre-construction sales already--rendered Trump Tower Toronto an attractive investment for potential financiers.

"Financing of this scope is unfortunately never simple," Barry Landsberg, director of marketing for Trump International Hotel & Tower, Toronto, told CPN. "Alex Shnaider, chairman of Talon, was able to leverage his international banking contacts to secure the financing. There were other financial institutions involved in the process but RZB was the right fit based on their experience working with Mr. Shnaider and his company, Midland Group."

Sited prominently in the city's financial and entertainment districts, the property will loom over the city at 70 stories. With 147 residences and 291 hotel rooms, the project will be the city's first development to offer five-star hotel condominiums for sale. Zeidler Partnership Architects is behind the design of the 750,000-square-foot tower, and EllisDon has been tapped to provide construction services.

For Trump, the Toronto project will bring the company's portfolio of Trump International Hotel & Tower developments up to four. Construction of Trump Tower Toronto is on target to get underway later this year, and upon its completion the Trump Organization will operate and manage the hotel.

The New York City-based Trump Organization is in the business of developing upper-upscale real estate properties. Toronto-headquartered Talon is a public company, boasting Midland Resources Holding Ltd.--a private trading and investment-holding firm--as its majority shareholder.

Link to article

Stinson 'ready' to tackle trump at wealth expo
Trump secures financing

Natalie Alcoba
National Post

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Donald Trump and partners have secured financing for his Toronto tower, it was announced yesterday, just as officials tried to squelch rumours the brash American entrepreneur might debate rival Toronto developer Harry Stinson this weekend.

Messrs. Trump and Stinson -- both scheduled to speak at the Real Estate and Wealth Expo at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre -- have verbally sparred this week over the success of their respective downtown condo- hotel towers, sparking speculation they would do it in person at the conference.

''Donald doesn't debate anyone," Bill Zanker, president of the Learning Annex, which puts on the event, said yesterday over the phone.

"Maybe a wrestling match, because that's more Donald's style," he quipped, noting that a public interaction between the two men is not scheduled.

Mr. Stinson -- developer of One King West and the proposed Sapphire Tower -- said the public feud between himself and the man behind the Trump International Hotel and Tower would be worth capitalizing on at the conference. He hopes something can be arranged.

"Trump is crowing about having won the battle, and I have a couple of lines ready, so we'll see how it goes. I believe, but I don't know for sure, that there will be some sort of interaction, because that's what the crowds come fo r," Mr. Stinson said. "Unlike wrestling, this will be totally unscripted."

This week, Mr. Trump declared he wished all of his competitors were like Mr. Stinson, who he alleged "was talking about how he was going to beat me and then he went bust."

Mr. Stinson fired off his own response, pointing out that Toronto's Trump Tower looks "like a parking lot ... My condo-hotel at One King West is full tonight, by the way."

In an interview yesterday, Mr. Stinson took issue with the "inaccurate" suggestion that he is bankrupt. (He has applied for bankruptcy protection, which is not considered bankruptcy, under the Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act for two of his companies.)

But, he allowed, "it's a backhanded compliment to hear him say I?m his competitor."

According to a press release issued yesterday, Canada's first Trump Tower is supposed to break ground later this year, with occupancy in 2010. A joint project between Mr. Trump and Talon International Development Inc., it now has full construction financing, worth $310- million, with Austrian based Raiffeisen Zentralbank.

But more than three years after announcing his intention to dip into Toronto's real estate market, speculation has mounted over the viability of the project.

Mr. Stinson said the mood on the street is one of "extreme skepticism."

"It has been extremely hard to track the local sales of the large suites," he said.

But according to the developer, about 70% of the 250-odd hotel suites and 100 residential suites in the skyscraper are sold.

In a recent interview with Newstalk 1010 CFRB host Leslie Roberts, Mr. Trump said he has no regrets about the project. "This one has taken longer than I would like to see it take.

"But I think [the team will] pull it off."

As for this weekend's address, Mr. Trump intends to offer the same blunt advice he is known for.

"A lot of people aren't cut out to be entrepreneurs ... but if you don't have the makeup, whether its genetic or otherwise, to be an entrepreneur, you're not going to be able to withstand the pressure."

.... is scheduled to begin later
this year....hehehe

and this supposed to be the news>: >: >: :>:

get lost for god sake...:evil :evil :evil

Emoticons? I find them tiresome
bfg1961.jpg

"Trump is crowing about having won the battle, and I have a couple of lines ready, so we'll see how it goes. I believe, but I don't know for sure, that there will be some sort of interaction, because that's what the crowds come fo r," Mr. Stinson said. "Unlike wrestling, this will be totally unscripted."
Harry, do you even listen to yourself?

^ Depends on what happens with the bankruptcy. ;)

Re: TRUMP announcement

I was there tonight. (For the record, I was getting paid to be there.) Trump made a big deal about how he likes being around losers, people who make him feel better about his success, and talked big about hitting back at people who hit you hard, screwing the people who screw you.

Then he had Harry up on stage, shook his hand, said he was a nice guy, and complimented him on looking young. Harry looked cowed, and scuttled off.

It was masterful.

Are you serious? That's hilarious. Did he say anything about Rosie O'Donald?

Are you serious? That's hilarious. Did he say anything about Rosie O'Donald?

He did. Saw it on the news. Forget exactly what...the crowed cheered though. A lot of them had signs. It seemed less like a seminar and more like a fan appreciation event.

Re: TRUMP announcement

I was there tonight. (For the record, I was getting paid to be there.) Trump made a big deal about how he likes being around losers, people who make him feel better about his success, and talked big about hitting back at people who hit you hard, screwing the people who screw you.

Trump seems really insecure.

Back