Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Re: RE: Trump Toronto

Thanks for posting that YYZER. You beat me to the punch. So now I will just sit back and wait for the negative comments on this release.

So, I guess that the bank just put in place the money for this project because they feel it is not worthy and should not proceed.

I just laugh at all those comments about this not proceeding because the news is not coming out fast and furious. Oh well, looks like there are some wrong people out there.

Have a Great Day.

Good for them - they got their money. Not surprising - I can't think of a Trump project that didn't get built.

Well TrumpToronto was right after all! Ok skeptics, including myself, were proved wrong...

Alright, alright. Humility, pennance. Congratulations, trumptoronto. If nothing else, a moral victory over the forces of snark.

Any sense of when "later this year" is in terms of construction start?

But does "financing in place" mean it's a go for sure? Surely the B-A stump once had financing in place too, right? Just looking for clarification.

from the G&M:
Financing secured for Toronto Trump tower
Canadian Press

TORONTO — A Toronto developer has secured financing needed to begin construction on a Trump International Hotel and Tower in downtown Toronto.

Talon International Development Inc. says a deal has been reached with Austrian bank Raiffeisen Zentralbank Osterreich AG for $310-million in financing. Construction of Canada's first Trump Tower is scheduled to begin this year.

Talon chairman Alex Shnaider says Trump Toronto is “already an international success story,†with more than $250-million in pre-construction sales from buyers around the world.

The $500-million, 70-storey Trump International Hotel and Tower is planned for the corner of Bay and Adelaide streets in the heart of Toronto's financial district.

Remaining hotel condominium suites in the luxury tower are currently selling from $800,000 and larger residential suites start at $1.8 million.

The project will be the Trump organization's fourth Trump International Hotel and Tower and the first outside the United States.

Note that construction is now scheduled to begin "later this year." What happened to Summer?

Official groundbreaking should be in April....

Actual construction late summer or fall? ( before September I hope)

Why even include statements like "Construction will begin later this year". We've heard that for the past three years.

I suppose it's good news, but considering the current levels of liquidity around the globe just about anyone can secure financing.

I know someone who couldn't secure funding :b . But never mind that. Trump Toronto is quickly gaining 'Metropolis' status on the forum. It's been talked about for so long that "I'll believe it when I see it" is the only possible way to look at the project.

Fingers crossed anyway.

Back