Toronto St Lawrence Market North | 25.3m | 5s | City of Toronto | Rogers Stirk Harbour

Here is an update from City website:

January 2024​

Work completed to date includes:
  • Building nearing 92 per cent completion
  • Mechanical and electrical systems startup is ongoing
  • Interior glazing is nearing completion
  • Above grade interior finishes and painting ongoing
  • Millwork installation at offices and Courtrooms is ongoing
  • Below grade parking garage paving is complete
  • Below grade parking garage interior painting is nearing completion
Next steps:
  • Mechanical and electrical systems commissioning
  • Complete millwork installations
  • Complete interior glazing
  • Complete interior finishes and painting
  • Complete exterior landscaping
  • Geothermal heating and cooling system commissioning
See: https://www.toronto.ca/services-pay...awrence-market-redevelopment/progress-update/
Pictures from DSC link for the click adverse.
Hopefully I never need to visit the upper floors.
IMG_9724.jpeg

IMG_9725.jpeg

IMG_9726.jpeg

So there's only a market/food retail on the ground floor? Those upper floors look awful. What a huge disappointment.

So there's only a market/food retail on the ground floor? Those upper floors look awful. What a huge disappointment.
They are court offices, the new Market would certainly never have been funded without $$ from Courts and, particularly, from TPA for the underground parking. Don't forget, this is to replace the old North Market which really only opened 2 days a week. Saturday for farmers and Sunday for antiques with a few rather sad retail places on the west side. The new floor area on ground floor is about same size as the old.

Last edited:
If this were a private development they would NEVER have been allowed to block the Jarvis sidewalk with no pedestrian diversion for 2+ years. It's the City so I guess the rules do not apply!
The have FINALLY been forced to open up more of the Front St sidewalk - maybe someone there reads UT?

The have FINALLY been forced to open up more of the Front St sidewalk - maybe someone there reads UT?

I think that was just an accident from the Santa Claus parade. They moved the fences back a bit and they were never pushed back up against the street (leaving less than 3 feet for pedestrians) like they had been.

I think that was just an accident from the Santa Claus parade. They moved the fences back a bit and they were never pushed back up against the street (leaving less than 3 feet for pedestrians) like they had been.
I do not think so. They removed the temporary covering of the sidewalk last fall but left the replacement metal fence in about same position so that the sidewalk was 95% on the bricks not on the (new) concrete they poured from the bricks to the Market face. They then used all of that area as a dumping ground for 'stuff'. I do not think it was anything to do with SC Parade.

The supposedly Red fan vents are now grey!

View attachment 538654
They were promised as being RED

View attachment 538656

TIME TO CONTACT Mr Moise! Councillor_Moise@toronto.ca
According to Councillor Moise's Office, the grey vent colour is final. Not sure who authorised this or why they thought they knew better than the Competition jury! Toronto the grey! One could MAYBE get it reversed by emailing Councillor Moise <Councillor_Moise@toronto.ca> or Mayor Chow <mayor_chow@toronto.ca>

Back