Toronto St Lawrence Market North | 25.3m | 5s | City of Toronto | Rogers Stirk Harbour

Any word on what kind of shops we getting? London has amazing shops to go with the architecture which Toronto is always lacking.
The North Market is for the Saturday Farmers Market and, as before, the Sunday antique market. There is supposed to be a cafe, not sure it will operate 7 days a week but maybe as the Courts will be on upper floors.

Any word on what kind of shops we getting? London has amazing shops to go with the architecture which Toronto is always lacking.

As a born and raised Londoner, I can't agree. This is a case of finding foreign offerings more exciting because the retail landscape is different. The same happens in the reverse.

As a born and raised Londoner, I can't agree. This is a case of finding foreign offerings more exciting because the retail landscape is different. The same happens in the reverse.
There's always an envious grass-is-always-greener amongst Torontonian architecture wonks. The idea of being a "world class city" has been stoked so much over the years that people forget that other prominent cities have some real turds themselves. In NYC, I can name three off hand; 432 Park (ugly and perpetually broken), the PanAm Building and 375 Pearl. And then there's the 80% of buildings that are middling at best. Hell, even Paris has(had) 1977's Tour Montparnasse, an ugly block of a building that nearly single-handedly caused the city to create height restrictions in the arrondissements for four over decades.

There's always an envious grass-is-always-greener amongst Torontonian architecture wonks. The idea of being a "world class city" has been stoked so much over the years that people forget that other prominent cities have some real turds themselves. In NYC, I can name three off hand; 432 Park (ugly and perpetually broken), the PanAm Building and 375 Pearl. And then there's the 80% of buildings that are middling at best. Hell, even Paris has(had) 1977's Tour Montparnasse, an ugly block of a building that nearly single-handedly caused the city to create height restrictions in the arrondissements for four over decades.
Well said. I think Toronto punches above it's weight as an evolving story of built-form. As much as we may try to pin down a Toronto style, you end up with sand slipping through your fingers. Some people may say there's too much sameness in the architectural repertoire or too much value engineering or too much red tape which together stifles exceptional architecture. In the last several years Toronto has grown vertically and spread into the mega city. In some ways, Toronto leads the way in the North American 21st century urban experiment. Toronto is at the forefront. Enjoy the ride.

IMG_9092.jpeg

IMG_9091.jpeg

I don't believe projects can necessarily be partially opened. If they could here, in sure they would
I think that Ford allowed that during his last round of reforms. e.g. MacMasters downtown residence.

Could not agree more. Last I heard it may not open until Fall 2024. By all account this is an embarrassingly poorly managed project!

Time to email Chris Moise! Councillor Moise <Councillor_Moise@toronto.ca>
...the good Lord seems to have allowed this building to come about from it's final proposal fairly unscathed despite such though.

Back