Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

Is that net of the bus route changes?

It's to subway ridership, not to TTC ridership. So (IIRC) it counts new riders who are attracted to the TTC as a result of the TYSSE and riders who now need a subway ride to complete their trip when they didn't previously (e.g. Yonge/Sheppard to York U).

This is a joke right? It's ridiculously easy to get around downtown compared to anywhere else. Sure, it's busy at 5pm, but so is the metro of every other major city in the world.
This is a joke, right? Try getting east to west downtown along King/Queen.

Though we'll see how much the King miracle changes the game - especially if they do the same to Queen.

This is a joke, right? Try getting east to west downtown along King/Queen.

Though we'll see how much the King miracle changes the game - especially if they do the same to Queen.
Should happen to Dundas and Carlton as well. Maybe to a lesser extent (ban all left turns), but there should be some transit priority on all downtown streetcar lines.

I didn't notice if it had come up at all.......

Are there any regular Yonge-line users who have noticed any relief/new capacity since the TYSSE opened?

Certainly there was some hope that a sizable portion of Finch West Bus riders and a portion of those on services further north would use the new extension instead of commuting through Finch, down Yonge.

Really need to find a reason to take the line up on a weeday rush hour to see use levels. Opening day is nice, but isn't a real show of use.
At York University stn today. Line up to go up the escalator. The extension works. View attachment 131584
There must have either been some kind of delay, or this was at some point of the afternoon rush. I've taken the extension twice during the morning rush hour and there wanst any station that was packed like this. Although there was certainly a healthy amount of people going southbound at most stations with the exception of Downsview Park and Highway 407. On the northbound side, the trains have been virtually empty after Finch West during the morning rush. Afternoon rush I cant comment on so much.

The minister of announcements has another announcement to announce. Stay tuned.

upload_2018-1-5_21-27-47.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-1-5_21-27-47.png
    upload_2018-1-5_21-27-47.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 355
There must have either been some kind of delay, or this was at some point of the afternoon rush. I've taken the extension twice during the morning rush hour and there wanst any station that was packed like this. Although there was certainly a healthy amount of people going southbound at most stations with the exception of Downsview Park and Highway 407. On the northbound side, the trains have been virtually empty after Finch West during the morning rush. Afternoon rush I cant comment on so much.

I went by York University at around 2 pm and 7 pm today. There was actually an sizeable amount of people boarding and alighting the platform at both times, compared to the day before. No pictures though.

Back