Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

Toronto:
Route Length: 68.3 (+8.6 As of Dec) (19 km under construction, 6.2 km Approved, 44 Proposed)
Stations: 69 (+6 as of Dec) (25 under construction, 1 approved, ~39 Proposed)

So...76.9km and 75 stations. Why not just put the actual numbers? Its January who cares that they were added in December.

So...76.9km and 75 stations. Why not just put the actual numbers? Its January who cares that they were added in December.

Because it's an unfair representation of the ridership that's there. The ridership counts were only there when the TYSSE wasn't open. It would be biased to include the new stations.

Does anyone know if the new extension was designed with banked curves/turns? It didn't occur to me until today and noticing that on the older parts of the subway (both the YUS and the BD) that the progressive turns are banked. What brought this to my attention was the hunting oscillation on the segment between Finch West and Downsview Park (southbound).

10.60 is if you go to the airport.

To be accurate, $9.10 for an adult going from the airport to Zone 1 (the City of Vancouver and UBC), and that applies to trips taken during weekday daytime hours (up to 6:30PM). Trips to the airport are not subject to the $5 surcharge, nor are monthly pass holders.

Evenings and weekends, the fare from YVR to Downtown Vancouver (including the surcharge) would be $7.85, as fare zones do not apply during these times.

The airport is in Zone 2 - there aren't many trips that would cross three zone boundaries from YVR, unless you went from YVR to West or North Vancouver or Port Moody, or from YVR to Surrey backtracking and taking the Skytrain.

Last edited:
Going to nitpick but, Vancouvers tunnels all have cell service, 3 zone fares are NOT 10.60, and ticket purchase wise every station in Vancouver has had machines for buying tickets from the get go, and they work quite well.

I included the initial airport fare there and when I went, there wasn't cell service in the Canada Line tunnels.

The TYSSE is expected to add 36 million passengers/year.

We still don't know the exact numbers, so we'll wait a year or two before we officially include those numbers and the extension.

Also, 36 million is the equivalent of between 100,000-120,000 ppd. Dividing that evenly amongst stations, that's about 17-20K passengers per station. If YU has 30K, Finch West and PV 20k each, and the others 10k each on weekdays, that's on the low end of the spectrum but those are very liberal guesses for ridership counts for each station. We'll see how things turn out.

Does anyone know if the new extension was designed with banked curves/turns? It didn't occur to me until today and noticing that on the older parts of the subway (both the YUS and the BD) that the progressive turns are banked. What brought this to my attention was the hunting oscillation on the segment between Finch West and Downsview Park (southbound).

With the exception of the curve immediately north of Sheppard West Station, all of the curves are superelevated with a balancing speed of about 80km/h. The curve north of Sheppard West is tighter, and it's balancing speed is around 65km/h.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

With the exception of the curve immediately north of Sheppard West Station, all of the curves are superelevated with a balancing speed of about 80km/h. The curve north of Sheppard West is tighter, and it's balancing speed is around 65km/h.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Would the curve between St Clair West and Dupont not be a slower speed?

At York University stn today. Line up to go up the escalator. The extension works.
Snapchat-1390802019.jpg

Attachments

• Snapchat-1390802019.jpg
    Snapchat-1390802019.jpg
    474.8 KB · Views: 384
Really need to find a reason to take the line up on a weeday rush hour to see use levels. Opening day is nice, but isn't a real show of use.

Back