Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

We'll just ignore that the largest infrastructure project in the entire country is a Metrolinx project being built entirely within Toronto.

2nd (maybe 3rd or 4th) largest. Bruce Power started their 6 reactor refurbishment last year and is in the $13B range with a 15 year construction schedule. Fun fact, Bombardier is one of their primary suppliers.

Darlington refurbishment (through 2025) is also probably larger than Eglinton but I don't recall the specifics on the cost.

BCs Peace River hydroelectric dam is also in the $8+B range and started site-prep a couple years ago (building access roads, clearing trees, etc.)

Eglinton was the largest when it started. Bruce definitely beats it now and the other 2 are very close contenders.

Last edited:
It was the biggest when shovels went in the ground. Good to know we're building some other big things now too and it's now only top 5 :)
And good that Bombardier's still getting contracts; I'd hate to think a day or two might pass without this venerable Quebec firm getting some of my tax dollars.

I've lost faith in the TTC: https://twitter.com/bradttc/status/849758154648944641

"Waiting for Line 5 to be ready for service and added to the maps. Yonge-Eg name won't be changing"
why that was always the case it will probably only be called Yonge - Eglinton on the crosstown line much like how Shepard is only called Shepherd - Yonge on the Sheppard line. It's not as easy as it is with Bloor and Yonge as the name is already in use with an existing station.

I've lost faith in the TTC: https://twitter.com/bradttc/status/849758154648944641

"Waiting for Line 5 to be ready for service and added to the maps. Yonge-Eg name won't be changing"

Where are those councillors when you need them? The councillors who like to rename stuff for no reason, who gave us Pioneer Village and Vaughan Metropolitan Centre. Not that I trust them to do anything smart for Eglinton.

Where are those councillors when you need them? The councillors who like to rename stuff for no reason, who gave us Pioneer Village and Vaughan Metropolitan Centre. Not that I trust them to do anything smart for Eglinton.
they can't do anything "smart" there as it is RioCan who control the retail there not the penguin folk.

Only problem with that is that you would would see subways extended to Oshawa, past Vaughan, and beyond Richmond Hill if that ever happened. Just look at the way Metrolinx neglects Toronto in favor of the 905.
Exactly. No reason to extend subways any further into 905 as GO is for that

First off.....THIS is causing you to loose faith? The fact that a station name is or isn't changing?

Also, this is not news. We've known about this for a long time now, when Metrolinx decreed the names to be used on the Eglinton Crosstown.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

First off.....THIS is causing you to loose faith? The fact that a station name is or isn't changing?

Also, this is not news. We've known about this for a long time now, when Metrolinx decreed the names to be used on the Eglinton Crosstown.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.
This is a small thing when compared to the many other things the TTC does. It just reduces my faith even more (it's negative right now).

A ridiculous thing to get hung up over. And the naming is a Metrolinx's issue, not TTC. TTC didn't make the decision.
It doesn't matter who came up with not renaming it or how worked up I am over it (I'm not really though). It just the fact that it should be renamed you Eglinton-Yonge Station or something else, just don't stay as Eglinton Station.

Is there anyone who thinks staying as Eglinton Station is a good idea (besides Metrolinx)?

It doesn't matter who came up with not renaming it or how worked up I am over it (I'm not really though). It just the fact that it should be renamed you Eglinton-Yonge Station or something else, just don't stay as Eglinton Station.

Is there anyone who thinks staying as Eglinton Station is a good idea (besides Metrolinx)?
I have never seen the problem with it showing on the subway (that is underish yonge) as Eglinton and showing on the Crosstown (which is under Eglinton) as Yonge.

Back