Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

After the spadina extension is operational, years down the road, I won't be surprised if York region wants the TTC to extend the line from VMC to Vaughn Mills and Wonderland (seasonal only).
One thing we really have to get better at......is resisting stupid ideas just because it is "more transit"

After the spadina extension is operational, years down the road, I won't be surprised if York region wants the TTC to extend the line from VMC to Vaughn Mills and Wonderland (seasonal only).

in the winter the tunnel can be used as an underground walkway to get people from vmc area to vaughan mills!!!!!11 and yes they will probly find a way to get this done before drl gets started.

They've already put such an extension in their Transportation Master Plan for 2041, IIRC. They are building a bit of a density node up there but, yeah, it's a bit nutty except as a long term pipe dream for now.

The Canada's Wonderland station could have it's tracks as past of a roller coaster or have a ghost ride themed station.
It probably won't have its own station, but be shared with the Hospital at Major Mack and Jane. I guess the entrance could be themed differently, but this is all speculation.

And further up a Seneca King City Campus station would end up gobbling up the campus and the whole site will be inside the station.

They should've built the TYSSE with a hard impenetrable wall at Vaughan "Metropolitan" so the subway could never be extended further northward again. Anything further north should be Metrolinx's responsibility.
Impenetrable wall vs unstoppable force. Who wins?

Impenetrable wall vs unstoppable force. Who wins?
It will be much like the old Chinese story about a blacksmith selling a spear capable of penetrating any shield and a shield immune to penetration from any spear, with a customer asking, "What if you put those two together?" and the blacksmith was unable to answer.

And further up a Seneca King City Campus station would end up gobbling up the campus and the whole site will be inside the station.
In order to do that extension, Seneca King City needs to have a major expansion of the campus, it would require for the province the remove the percentage cap of degrees that's offered in college and the elimination of tuition for both domestic and international students

Back