Toronto South Beach Condos + Lofts | ?m | 27s | Amexon | Arsenault

Drum, your second photo does not show any part of South Beach. South Beach can be seen in your close-up Nautilus photo, just to the left of Nautilus, which you posted in that thread. I am not certain what the cranes are that show up in the photo above: that's a mystery. Anyone able to figure out what project they are for?

May 08
From Roncesvalles. The crane came down this weekend and you can see the stick of the crane.
5702149435_8ced149cf0_b.jpg

It turns out that the cranes in this photo are for the new Toronto South Correctional Centre, for which we do not have a thread... yet.

South Beach as it was on the 12th:

The big picture, including the a view into all three underground levels...

SouthBeachCW20110512-1.jpg

and a close-up of a part of it.

SouthBeachCW20110512-2.jpg

Tower two to rise in a couple months?

Yup.

A cool network of trails, paths and bridges would unite the green spaces in this area, and the new-build condo towers which border them (as demonstrated in cruzin's last photo). Alas, I'm not aware of any such plan, is anyone else?

The glass actually looks decent in this building.

Are they still planning to extend the fins down to the base of the building like they did on the other side?

The glass actually looks decent in this building.

Are they still planning to extend the fins down to the base of the building like they did on the other side?

Speaking with the the sales manager, they are not going to extend further because, as brought up in these threads before, it will impact the view of some units. What they are doing now, it looking at different ways of making them have a greater visual affect without extending - i guess different texture to reflect light and/or coating...

Last edited:
What a shame. Didn't people know about this before they actually bought into this building?

What a shame. Didn't people know about this before they actually bought into this building?

Hopefully their plan 'b' will make the building visually as close to as possible to the rendering.
I guess it was a toss up between the extended fins and blocking the views..

I think It will look great..with or without the fins... I am wondering however why the posts with Confirmed Occupancy dates are being taken off ?

A cool network of trails, paths and bridges would unite the green spaces in this area, and the new-build condo towers which border them (as demonstrated in cruzin's last photo). Alas, I'm not aware of any such plan, is anyone else?

Yes, there will be paths along the Mimico Creek, at least one bike/ped bridge (somewhere near South Beach), and more public land opened as parkland. Eventually the paths will run from the Lake Shore parks up to The Queensway.

Back