Toronto South Beach Condos + Lofts | ?m | 27s | Amexon | Arsenault

There is no evidence as yet that the balconies will be fin-less.

Thank god the fins stayed in the renderings and not reality--very tacky and pointless.

I wouldn't necessarily call it pointless. Not only does it look better with the fins but it is really the only design of the building that sets it apart from the standard boring average condo look. Or even apartment building. It adds some exterior "class".

Last edited:
I was under the impression that the fins were solar panels that would help with power for the common areas in the buildings. This would make them far from pointless -- unless I was mistaken.

The panels are now being added to the roof, not sure if they are solar panels though. I will try to take a pic to post, and still no fins.

Yeah, it looks like those fins are history. Sadly, another Toronto cheapening. (Never trust a Toronto rendering) That should be illegal.

There is no cladding yet whatsoever on the balconies where the fins will be. What makes you jump to a quick conclusion on this, other than the need, possibly, to run something down?

Here's what South Beach looks like now - with the roof nearly finished, but still no glazing/cladding on the balconies that will have the fins.

SouthBeachP1200866.jpg

SouthBeachP1200870.jpg

SouthBeachP1200868.jpg

SouthBeachP1200872.jpg

SouthBeachP1200874.jpg

Back