Toronto South Beach Condos + Lofts | ?m | 27s | Amexon | Arsenault

This is a bloody joke lol, how tacky is this lol. 1 the area is a crap hole industrial with a huge cookie factory across the street along with other industries, then a sewage plant close by, then other lame condos like beyond seas, ocean club/breeze whatever its called. I feel sorry for the ppl who bought into this joke, hell even mississauga is a better local!

My 2 cents!

Cityplaceguy look who talking about area...your area will be the modern version of Regent Park in a few years...Etobicoke is going to be great when all the area is completed...yeah what happen to the fins?

There looks to be a track in the mullions on the cladding on the lower part of the tower (where the "outer" fins will run down the middle of the 8-bay window wall). That suggests that the fins may be forthcoming and may be "tacked on" in aluminum. If that's the case, then the racing strip fins down the balconies may also be forthcoming when the glass divider down each balcony is added.

Here's what South Beach looks like now - with the roof nearly finished, but still no glazing/cladding on the balconies that will have the fins.

SouthBeachP1200866.jpg

Nice...Fins are coming on !!

Anybody think that our new Move-in Tentative date of September 30th will be pushed back again ?? I

Great news about the fins, didn't notice them on Saturday. I did notice the crane has come down though, or at least it seemed that way.
I always get distracted when driving by on Parklawn by this building.

Okay - the fins so far:

Looks like they'll extend far less from the facade than in the renderings... so first, a rendering, where they seem to extend about a metre from the building. Note as well that there are lots of them at the base of the towers, but by the time you get to the 10th floor, all but the middle three have ended:

SouthBeachTowersDayCrop.jpg

So, east tower, just above the podium, they are going on, but only seem to extend about a foot from the building, and at this distance it's difficult to even see a foot's worth there.

SouthBeachP1210082.jpg

Getting closer...

SouthBeachP1210083.jpg

Here they are obviously protruding about a foot.

SouthBeachP1210084.jpg

You can see here between the 9th and 10th floors that the cladding has a spot to attach the fin, while there is no indentation between the 10th and 11th floors. Meanwhile the centre fin continues skyward.

SouthBeachP1210085.jpg

That's it for now.

Last edited:
the cheapening has become the enlightening. What you see here may just be a base for the actual fins to be attatched to. Doesn't yet seem like the final product.

The question about whether there will be anything attached over what's there now has already been asked - we hope to have the response tomorrow.

Thanks for the updated pics. I was in a few weeks ago and talked a bit with one of the guys at the sales center about progress. He said they need to finish the common areas and were looking to get all the commercial units done by the time Phase I can take occupancy. Not sure if they have to get the commercial units done as a fact, but not sure if they can get it all finished by September if they're still at the parking levels for commercial as per the first photo.

I drove by the site the other day and drywall is up about 10 floors high. It seem like they're moving along pretty fast. .. Can't wait to move in!!!

May 08
From Roncesvalles. The crane came down this weekend and you can see the stick of the crane.
5702146525_bdd7246ac2_b.jpg

5702149435_8ced149cf0_b.jpg

Back