Toronto Sherbourne Common, Canada's Sugar Beach, and the Water's Edge Promenade | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto | Teeple Architects

First: It's very difficult to replant trees during mid-summer and keep them alive. It's especially difficult to keep them alive when they are larger as the root system gets very complex as trees grow from year to year. Decisions like this are crazy-making, and we need to hold everyone responsible here accountable if the replacement trees don't live up to expectations.

Indeed - and we should look at how decisions regarding tree-cutting on city property for transient reasons are made. It seems rather excessive that we allow perfectly healthy trees to get cut down just for a filmshoot - replacement trees notwithstanding.
City communication is still moot on that score and who is ultimately responsible for bringing forth and moving that application/decision.

AoD

Indeed - and we should look at how decisions regarding tree-cutting on city property for transient reasons are made. It seems rather excessive that we allow perfectly healthy trees to get cut down just for a filmshoot - replacement trees notwithstanding.
City communication is still moot on that score and who is ultimately responsible for bringing forth and moving that application/decision. AoD

I suspect that letter writing to the City may make them more careful in future so really urge UTers to email Zaib and Ubbens - Copying Pam McConnell is a good idea but the decision was, apparently, made by the Parks folk. Ubbens returns from vacation on Monday so we may hear his side of the story then!

Hi Mods:

Why is this park thread "classified" under High and mid-rises"? UT indexing and searching is not great but at least the right categories might help!:

Now it is classed as:

Home
Forum
Greater Toronto Discussion
Projects & Construction (high and mid-rise)East Bayfront: Sherbourne Common & Sugar Beach (Waterfront Toronto, PFS/CCormier+A)

Hi Mods:

Why is this park thread "classified" under High and mid-rises"? UT indexing and searching is not great but at least the right categories might help!:

Now it is classed as:

Home
Forum
Greater Toronto Discussion
Projects & Construction (high and mid-rise)East Bayfront: Sherbourne Common & Sugar Beach (Waterfront Toronto, PFS/CCormier+A)

They tend to leave low rise projects in here, like mall developments.

They tend to leave low rise projects in here, like mall developments.
It is not even in "low rise' and I would not think of describing a park as a 'mid-rise - or low rise - development". Maybe Buildings, Architecture & Urban Design or Transportation & Infrastructure or even Projects & Construction (low-rise and parks)

We will have to figure out a better way to organize these institutional/public realm projects that doesn't comfortably fit into the low-rise/high rise categories. Consider these legacy issues for now.

AoD

But will it actually change? There are a whole host of issues in the Forum Issues section that have not been resolved.

The low-rise projects section is for residential only.

She doesn't? I thought she was known for doing exactly just that.
Her office usually responds to my emails and both Pam and/or her staff are at MANY local events and seem to attend every neighbourhood association meeting. Does she always do what I want? No, but I think she is a very good Councillor with a great knowledge of the neighbourhood.

Today the Promenade is 'back to normal" and they appear to have planted new (or re-planted old) trees. It will be interesting to see if they survive as planting trees in July is generally NOT a good idea.

Her office usually responds to my emails and both Pam and/or her staff are at MANY local events and seem to attend every neighbourhood association meeting. Does she always do what I want? No, but I think she is a very good Councillor with a great knowledge of the neighbourhood.

Pam is an excellent councillor and has responded to me many times as well. AndreaPalladio's politics do not align with hers (well documented) so I would no interpret his comment as an objective assessment of her performance.

Back