Toronto Seventy5 Portland | ?m | 11s | Freed | Core Architects

I'm loving the look of this building. If all this concrete stays exposed, it will have a very strong brutalist appearance. Has anything in that style even been built here since the 70s?

Yeah, that Brad J. Lamb condo on John St. north of Queen, next to the Umbra store.

I don't think the brutalist label is appropriate just because there's a lot of concrete.

The concrete will be coated in a white seamless epoxy finish. Heard that directly from the construction manager.

Last edited:
that would be consistent with the rendering.

yoo1.jpg

The concrete will be coated in a white seamless epoxy finish. Heard that directly from the construction manager.

Are there any other buildings in Toronto that have this finish? Even with the rendering, I'm having a hard time picturing it.

Now, if any building tried to bring back ribbed concrete finishes, *then* we're getting to hardcore Brutalist revival

To me this attempt at ultra-hipness resembles a jail or other government institution. Probably not the look they were going for in their marketing. My opinion only of course but I'm not feeling this stubby little block. Really stands out of character to King Street too.

Last edited:
Yeah, definitely not the look they were going for in their marketing, which was based on the completed building and not the building several months from completion with raw concrete still curing. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oct 25

Work was going on for Sunday
IMG_oct-25-09-0377.jpg

IMG_oct-25-09-0378.jpg

IMG_oct-25-09-0379.jpg

Look Ma!! a wall in front of our balcony for floors 2 and 3
IMG_oct-25-09-0380.jpg

IMG_oct-25-09-0383.jpg

Back