Toronto Ryerson Student Learning Centre | 50.59m | 8s | Ryerson University | Zeidler

Oh, neat. So Hopedale isn't using fritted glass, that's just the same vinyl overlay crap that we've been seeing stores (and the AGO) use to cover up their windows. I wonder how it'll age, I don't think it's meant to be used long-term.

And one can't copyright architecture, can they?

rya6.jpg

I am forever indebted to you with these SLC updates, androiduk. Your updates are always great, and this project is especially close to my heart. So thanks again for these great views!

I wonder how many casual Yonge passerby see some of those slanty surfaces under construction and think there was some kind of on-job accident, collapsed wall/ceiling, etc...

I wonder how many casual Yonge passerby see some of those slanty surfaces under construction and think there was some kind of on-job accident, collapsed wall/ceiling, etc...
None, I would guess. The magnitude of physical engineering being implemented on site makes it plainly evident to even the most casual observer that it took a lot of care and work to get the forms arranged in those specific angles.

You could always try telling some tourists that there was an earthquake when they were pouring the forms. . . .

Back