Toronto Ryerson Student Learning Centre | 50.59m | 8s | Ryerson University | Zeidler

Assuming the majority of this will be steel based, once we hit grade it could shoot up and finish quickly, much like the aquarium.

Are those knockout panels at the north end of B1? Toward the east side of the excavation? They look roughly door shaped/sized.

It'll be nice to see this out of the ground, too. That piece of Yonge has felt dead for a few years now, between Sam's closing and getting demo'd, the Empress fire, and even that last arcade going out of business. Hopefully this brings a little bit of life back

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5B 1S1

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 172018 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: May 22, 2013

Project: University Canopy w/o Enclosure

Description: Proposal for 3 new canopy's without enclosures overhanging the Yonge street side (retail spaces) of new Student Centre for Ryerson University.

Contra:

Not 100% certain - but I think the building will be constructed out of reinforced concrete, not steel.

AoD

Interesting. The atrium/lobby area appears to have steel (the angular portions), but given the shape it could very well be reinforced concrete. Regardless, given the size this *hopefully* won't take to look to take shape.

Contra:

I am not even convinced the angular columns are going to be steel - they can be concrete (like the Ritz, Bremner Tower, Gooderham, etc).

AoD

Contra:

I am not even convinced the angular columns are going to be steel - they can be concrete (like the Ritz, Bremner Tower, Gooderham, etc).

AoD

Ding ding ding!

It's a concrete slab, and the angled exterior columns are also concrete.

Last edited:
Project: University Canopy w/o Enclosure

Description: Proposal for 3 new canopy's without enclosures overhanging the Yonge street side (retail spaces) of new Student Centre for Ryerson University.

I weep for the written language.

Construction Update from RU:

[video=youtube;5EdsK8Y-2HM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EdsK8Y-2HM[/video]

AoD

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was by a few days ago most of the project was at grade

ryj18.jpg

Back