Toronto Ryerson Student Learning Centre | 50.59m | 8s | Ryerson University | Zeidler

Agreed!

Very cool shot, androiduk. Seems to be moving along quickly based on the progress from the May and June photos above.

Awesome shot. You've captured so many of the interesting geometries of this building, inside and out. Can't wait!

A closer look from a less advantageous angle:

y5QxlK1.jpg

How refreshing it is to see a building going up with interesting forms, set up as a constellation of spaces instead of just pancake levels stacked one on top of the other.

This is already such an interesting structure to watch go up.

Last edited:
Hopedale mall in oakville recently went under renovation, and the commercial segment got a re clad. I couldn't help but notice the similarities between the two, seems odd given how the two projects are so drastically different yet have a similar(albeit different) cladding.
IMG_00001029.jpg
IMG_00001030.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_00001029.jpg
    IMG_00001029.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 619
  • IMG_00001030.jpg
    IMG_00001030.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 578
I'm sure there's a story behind that, and I'm curious to know what it is. I wonder if it was the same supplier for both jobs, or if there was an extra run of glass that needed a home, or who knows what else.

That said, it makes me a little more excited for the Ryerson project, now that I have a sense of what a wall of that glass will look like.

This one will really add to the streetscape on Yonge. It has the potential to be a landmark. I am very excited to watch it go up.

Back