Toronto River City Condos Phases 1 & 2 | ?m | 16s | Urban Capital | ZAS Architects

Thank you for adding that database page. If it's not appropriate to say this in the main page, feel free to delete my post. I realize UT needs to sell advertising to pay the bills, but animated ads that sit in front of the content, block about 1/8 of it, and cannot be closed are offensive, and I don't intend to look at pages that have them. I hope it was just an error in the composition of that page.

I've been finding these ads incredibly obtrusive as well. They block out large portions of the renderings on the database pages.

Ramako, CapitalSeven, and anyone else seeing these ads, can you please PM me and tell me which operating system and browser you are using? Before this mention I have never heard of any ads on UT blocking content, and have never seen that happen myself.

Naming of Proposed Public Streets - West Don Lands Development Phase 1
Origin
(October 13, 2011) Report from the City Surveyor
Recommendations

The City Surveyor recommends that:

1. The names Lower River Street, Lawren Harris Square and Bayview Avenue be approved to identify three proposed streets at the West Don Lands development.

2. The appropriate City Officials be authorized and directed to take the necessary action to give effect thereto, including the introduction of a naming by-law.
Summary

This staff report is about a matter for which the community council has delegated authority from City Council to make a final decision.

This report recommends approval of street names to identify three of the proposed streets at the West Don Lands development, in the area bounded by Eastern Avenue, the Don River, Mill Street and Cherry Street.

rcn12.jpg

I was looking at the concrete pads this morning, and I was wondering -- are they building Phase 2 right now at the same time as Phase 1? There's too much in the way of footings otherwise, I think. Anyone know?

I thought the same thing - there is a huge sign up on the King Street side for Phase 2 so maybe they are, at least, doing the concrete pads at same time - thse buildings are all built on grade.

That's correct. The 'new' part of River will connect straight into 'old' River, same width.

The boulevards, squares, and Dutch-style pedestrian friendly sections are closer to the new park on the south.

The street in the pictures above is actually BAYVIEW, River Street (actually to be called LOWER River Street, see above) is opposite the existing River Street and has two traffic lights already installed (wrapped in plastic) See Drum's first photo.

Site plan approval has been requested: MODS might want to add 12 storeys (and addres?) into Header?

635 KING ST E
Ward 28 - Tor & E.York District
Related Applications

Site Plan Approval

Site Plan approval application to construct new residential building - 12 stories - 249 residential units - 246 parking spaces (PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PARKING COUNT IS FOR BOTH PHASE 1 and 2). 249 bicycle parking spaces.

Application Number 11 309775 STE 28 SA Application Status Application Submitted
Planner Name
Phone Number Kwashie, Francis
416-392-1306 Status Date Nov 15, 2011
Community Meeting Date --- Date Received Nov 15, 2011
Proposed Non-Residential GFA (sq m) 0

Proposed Residential GFA (sq m) 19,312

Lot Size (sq m) 2,448

Proposed Residential Units 249

Proposed Storeys 12

The cleverly deceptive print advertising that I saw recently for this thing made it look as if it was in the middle of the green belt - rather than facing pylons, elevated vehicular roads and train tracks.

Can anyone refresh me on where the parking is being located/ incorporated into the development? I checked the database entry and it addressed nothing about that.

Also, great photo updates :)

Back