Toronto River City Condos Phases 1 & 2 | ?m | 16s | Urban Capital | ZAS Architects

"Argh, that new road looks really wide to me."

Par for the course isn't it? I don't think there is any jurisdiction in the world that has as over engineered road right-of-way megalomaniac design specifications as Ontario.

River City 2 Rendering
RiverCity2Rendering.jpg

It's alright I guess, but it's yet another "plain box spruced up by the balconies" that seems so endemic in Toronto design these days (I suppose because such designs are relatively cheap compared to creating interesting non-boxy buildings).

It's alright I guess, but it's yet another "plain box spruced up by the balconies" that seems so endemic in Toronto design these days (I suppose because such designs are relatively cheap compared to creating interesting non-boxy buildings).

Or maybe because a box is the most functional design, especially for a residential building? Curved spaces make furniture placement difficult, and usually are not efficient in terms of use of space. A box may be boring, but its definitely more popular with home buyers.

Cool render-movie of River City 2 .... thanks for the lead japrologue ~

river city 2 is up on its website

http://www.rivercitytoronto.com/flash.php

New Presentation Centre will be open to the public on Nov 19th, 2011
preview for early registrants on October 29th, 2011, including new scale
model, new kitchen and bathroom vignettes, new renderings and new
floor plans

I don't quite understand what's happening with this site. Are they not digging down?

We finally have a dataBase entry up for this project - the 216th entry to be precise - with a number of renderings that people won't be familiar with already. You can check it out here.

Thank you for adding that database page. If it's not appropriate to say this in the main page, feel free to delete my post. I realize UT needs to sell advertising to pay the bills, but animated ads that sit in front of the content, block about 1/8 of it, and cannot be closed are offensive, and I don't intend to look at pages that have them. I hope it was just an error in the composition of that page.

Back