Toronto RioCan Hall | 145.2m | 42s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

This thing is god awful....it's almost as though the architects, thoroughly bereft of any sense of design esthetic, decided to toss everything, including the proverbial 'kitchen sink' into the mix. The only saving grace is that I don't see the name 'RioCan' plastered across the top.

SHOP
AS+GG
SOM
Populous
Frank Gehry
Gensler
aA
G+C
Chris Dikeakos
Wallman Architects
NORR
IBI
Core Architects

Are any of my guesses correct?
Shop would be nice but seems to high budget. Hopefully not Wallman or aA, theyve done a lot of slap-dash hot garbage. Time & Space is just one example.

I can't see it being in the budget to hire Wengle for a non-luxury mixed use project, although I trust him to do a better job than most.

SHOP
AS+GG
SOM
Populous
Frank Gehry
Gensler
aA
G+C
Chris Dikeakos
Wallman Architects
NORR
IBI
Core Architects

Are any of my guesses correct?
Nope.
Shop would be nice but seems to high budget. Hopefully not Wallman or aA, theyve done a lot of slap-dash hot garbage. Time & Space is just one example.

I can't see it being in the budget to hire Wengle for a non-luxury mixed use project, although I trust him to do a better job than most.
Which aA project(s) would you describe as "slap-dash hot garbage"?

I still really hope this never happens - nothing is worth the loss of that movie theater - which seems as if it wouldn't be replaced - and it's the only true imax theatre in Toronto ignoring Ontario place and the science center.

OLT-22-004352

Third party appeal of the approval here has been dismissed.

The owner of the property at the northeast corner of Widmer and Adelaide appealed this approval, saying it would impact the developability of their lands. OLT disagreed, dismised the appeal. Decision posted on the OLT website under the above case number for those interested, unfortunately I'm not aware of a way to link directly to the decision.

winner-winner-chicken-dinner.gif

Back