1.2K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 638     0 

Toronto Raptors

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Glad they aren't making the playoffs this year. No chance of winning.

A lottery pick could be huge for them moving forward.

Today marks the two-year anniversary of "The Shot"
Secret Base put out a great video on it to celebrate the occasion:

Hard to believe - that dramatic shot signaled the start of their stunning run to the NBA championship, and just 2 years later they're chumps. I knew their glory days were over the instant Leonard flew the coop.

Hard to believe - that dramatic shot signaled the start of their stunning run to the NBA championship, and just 2 years later they're chumps. I knew their glory days were over the instant Leonard flew the coop.
They were going to end eventually.

The Raptors made the most of that competitive window - one of the top teams in the NBA over a 7 year period, with a Championship to cap it off.

Ultimately it was worth it.

I think they could be quite good next year.

Former Raps player and Canadian, Oshae Brissett scored 23 as the Indiana Pacers (coached by former Raps assistant Nate Bjorkgren) blew out the Charlotte Hornets in their first play-in game.

This also coming off the Pacers' final regulation game of the season, where Brissett dropped 31 points and 10 rebounds on the Raps.

Never really got much of a chance in Toronto, he's done reasonably well overall since joining the Pacers back in April.

Reactions: syn
I think this is something that had to happen for both the team and Lowry.

Didn't make sense to sign him to that kind of deal at his age.

Pretty sure the Raptors were always going to move Dragic. I don't see him suiting up in a Raptors jersey when the season starts.

His agent probably reminded him afterwards that he's a 35 year old, somewhat injury prone player that is getting a pretty generous salary, and doesn't have the same clout as the superstars. ;)

The comment aside, this being only a temporary pitstop for Dragic in order to get the Lowry move completed makes sense. Especially with how the Raps are building for the future. Getting younger players or future draft assets for him would be ideal.

Not singling you our per se but is this line of thinking par the course for every non-hockey pro sports franchise in this city? As soon as the team fades from relevancy relative to the heights of a championship or ultra-competitive era, the fair-weather fans just abandon ship that quickly?

Saying that, even after losing Lowry, I still think the current iteration of the Raptors are good enough to be a lower-seeded playoff team in the East. The team needs to focus on its drafting and development programs and hopefully within a few years they'll be primed to make a more prominent acquisition.

Not singling you our per se but is this line of thinking par the course for every non-hockey pro sports franchise in this city? As soon as the team fades from relevancy relative to the heights of a championship or ultra-competitive era, the fair-weather fans just abandon ship that quickly?

Saying that, even after losing Lowry, I still think the current iteration of the Raptors are good enough to be a lower-seeded playoff team in the East. The team needs to focus on its drafting and development programs and hopefully within a few years they'll be primed to make a more prominent acquisition.

They're off to a much better start than anyone expected - and that's with Siakam and Barnes out.

I'd also say Barnes is as good or better than a lot of people expected, at least for his rookie year. A lot of people thought it was the wrong pick, but right now (I know, it's very early) it's looking like the Raptors made one of the best picks of the entire draft.

They're off to a much better start than anyone expected - and that's with Siakam and Barnes out.

I'd also say Barnes is as good or better than a lot of people expected, at least for his rookie year. A lot of people thought it was the wrong pick, but right now (I know, it's very early) it's looking like the Raptors made one of the best picks of the entire draft.
It's like prior to the 2019-2020 season when we lost Kawhi and everyone predicted the Raptors will decline but ended up having a better regular season record. I admit that they are currently doing better than I thought they would. Granted, they haven't faced any real contenders yet. I'd say Dallas is probably the best team they've faced so far this season. Once they have a few games against Brooklyn, Philly, Milwaukee and Miami under their belt it might be a different picture. But hey, who know with Siakam and Barnes back?

I haven't seen Dragic much during this winning streak. Curious to see what happens with him (I thought he would have already been traded by now).

Back