899     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 526     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 827     0 

Toronto Raptors

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Bembry is an okay role player. Can cover the SF and SG positions, and brings a defensive presence to help the bench depth.

Baynes is alright too, considering the options remaining at this point. Nothing special but is at least a hardworker.

There's still time to further reinforce the team, but right I think the Raps may finish somewhere in the 3rd-6th place range in the East. Bucks, Celtics, Sixers, Heat are going to stay competitive. The Nets will be up there was well, assuming everyone is healthy, and they may still make a big move before the season begins. I felt the Pacers overachieved a bit last season, but they should still fit somewhere to round off the playoff spots. The Hawks also made solid moves and I expect them to fight towards the final few playoff spots again.

I think the Raptors were planning to run it back from last year, with an eye towards free agency in 2021. This was always going to be a transitional year.

If they can finish with a great regular season record and their core players (Siakam, VanVleet) take another step forward, they should be primed to make a big addition next offseason.

Newly drafted rookie point guard, Malachi Flynn drawing praise for his play in pre-season so far. In the 2nd game versus the Hornets, he finished with 17 points in 19 minutes on 7-for-12 shooting from the field.

Newly drafted rookie point guard, Malachi Flynn drawing praise for his play in pre-season so far. In the 2nd game versus the Hornets, he finished with 17 points in 19 minutes on 7-for-12 shooting from the field.

Its only 2 games but Flynn looks very good.

Today marks the two-year anniversary of "The Shot"
Secret Base put out a great video on it to celebrate the occasion:

I was working at the Residences of Maple Leaf Square the night they beat the sixers. The buzzer went, you could hear a pin drop for a few seconds and then all of a sudden one of the loudest screams you ever heard.

I did not even have to check twitter to know what happened.

Back