Toronto Queens Quay & Water's Edge Revitalization | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

Well - I saw them lay serpentine piping and then putting concrete and then asphalt over it. Don't know what else it could be.

Yes, you did see that. But as mentioned, it was only used to heat the ground enough for the concrete to adhere. It wasn't for radiant heating.

Then why would they bury it? The heaters lie on top, I'll search my SD cards to see if I have a pic of it somewhere.

Today's crash:

5z5U6WJ.jpg

LgMl6Dy.jpg

Source

Detour notice from @ttcnotices, timestamped 6:56 PM.

Has anybody been keeping a running tally/list? I did for the first 5 or 6 but last count. What are we at now? 20? 30? 40? When are the police going to start doing ANY enforcement of ANY laws on Queen's Quay? If this isn't enough to get them to send even one officer down, what will it take?

So was the car making a left turn into an oncoming streetcar? Brilliant. Must have been turning on a red. That's not design, that's stupidity. Speaking of which, today I watched two cars turn onto the streetcar ROW on Fleet from Bathurst, which isn't anything new. People really seem to struggle with the whole ROW thing.

So was the car making a left turn into an oncoming streetcar? Brilliant. Must have been turning on a red. That's not design, that's stupidity. Speaking of which, today I watched two cars turn onto the streetcar ROW on Fleet from Bathurst, which isn't anything new. People really seem to struggle with the whole ROW thing.

Not an oncoming streetcar--the streetcar and car were parallel to each other going Westbound. The streetcar had a green to go straight westbound. The car had a red light and ran it to make a left (southbound) turn. Apparently he missed the ~50,000lb, 15m-long red vehicle approaching him from behind on the left, in addition to the red traffic signal that he either missed or didn't particularly feel like obeying today.

BTW route is now cleared/resumed as of 7:16 PM. That said due to the crazy amount of people heading to/from the CNE that I saw less than two hours ago while travelling I'm assuming things will be a bit crazy for a while.

Ridiculous. They waste their time enforcing artificially low speed limits but can't bother to ensure safety on a confusing for some people road?

Probably. I know I'd love to walk along the waterfront if a continuous path existed. I'm definitely hoping we get them in place, but doubt we'll be seeing them any time soon due to funding issues. IMO WaterfrontTO's most pressing issue is getting the East Bayfront streetcar started - which I believe will be funded through their coffers somehow. And I also have my doubts about this particular bridge. Looks pretty steep.

484_footbridges_police_585_282_crop_max_width_4_60_596_288.jpg
That looks fantastic!

It will probably have some stairs. Nothing wrong with that.

I know that's why I don't think it will get used at all. It juts seems like Waterfront Toronto wants to reinvent the wheel with every part of this project and they don't have any idea of how it will be used by the public.

I know that's why I don't think it will get used at all. It juts seems like Waterfront Toronto wants to reinvent the wheel with every part of this project and they don't have any idea of how it will be used by the public.

But there's a practical reason for this:
At the Police Basin slip, a dramatic arched footbridge has been designed to accommodate police boats that need to exit quickly in an emergency without waiting for a lift bridge to rise.

http://www.waterfrontoronto.ca/explore_projects2/central_waterfront/footbridges

There are stairs (only) at the ends of the older bridge that goes over the marina at Rees Street. That bridge certainly gets used so I think that any new bridges will be used too.

Back