Toronto Pinnacle Centre Condos | 161.84m | 55s | Pinnacle | P + S / IBI

March 15th.

tour11.jpg

they are definitely stars, though I never really noticed them when I was was taking the shots. It was a pleasant surprise to see them show up when I first viewed the images on my computer screen!

Pinnacle sent me a PDI date of May 8th, 2009. We're on the 25th floor of the I hate that name, Success Tower. They have been rushing around working on the circular driveway and lobby for the building. I will try to take pictures on that day.

Michael 62 you've got one good looking building, what view do you have? This has to be one of my favourite downtown buildings.

We bought 2 units and combined them, 2504 and 2505, which means we have the north east corner of the building. Our view is directly north to the bank towers but we can see MLS, RBC. Union and east to Scarborough. We had a 4' wall section removed between the foyer of 2505 and the living area of 2504. This gives us a third bedroom, 3 bathrooms and a large family room. Ill be able to document the progress of the L Tower and the new Union Shed construction from my balcony.

I've looked at doing something like that and was wondering, do you end up paying the full maintenance fee for both units, or do they discount the rate somewhat?

I've looked at doing something like that and was wondering, do you end up paying the full maintenance fee for both units, or do they discount the rate somewhat?

Very much doubt it ... in any case, condo fees are not controlled by the developer. They may have some say before the building is registered and the condo board elected but after that the condo board decides what price should be levied per square feet.

So if your combing two identical sized units your looking at doubling your fee.

But again, it depends how the specific charges are assessed - if they're all simply based on square feet then it will be double - if other factors come into play it might not be. Either way, the developer doesn't have a say.

Condo fees are initially established by the developer. Once the building has been turned over, physical building audits conducted and a Board of Directors in place, year two fees are usually calculated by the BoD. Based on what the developer establishes the square footage of the two units to be is what you'll pay maintenance fees on. Some developers will even add a deeded locker and/or parking space to monthly fees.

On the advice of our lawyer we have kept the units as separate units with two separate addresses. We will pay the maintenance and taxes as if they are two units. We insisted that all the electrical and plumbing be 'capped off' and left in the bulkhead of the 2504 unit. We will have an access door to the services located below cabinet level. We had the 220v stove/oven outlet moved to the west wall. If we ever decide to sell, we can refill the opening with cement blocks and return the units to their original configuration. Pinnacle was very co-operative. Since we gave up kitchen cabinets and appliances for 2504, there was no additional charges/fees made to the original cost of the units.

Back