Toronto Pinnacle Centre Condos | 161.84m | 55s | Pinnacle | P + S / IBI

i'd agree with you tewder. this building is average at best. it's tall so it creates spectacle and an impact on the overall skyline, but hey, so does the westin hotel and those dreadful concrete condominiums.

I'd say it's above average, not the best or anywhere close to it. But above average. It has a few distinctive features.

Actually I find the height makes it more monotone and it would have looked even better if it was shorter.

Nothing has come close to London lately though ... those are amazing by far ... other then an all glass building.

Is it just the perspective of the images, or do the proportions look way off in those renderings. Success looks like a stump.

They are reductions of their renderings but just shown to demonstrate height differences between buildings. The important thing is to look at the height.

3338797497_6c5ec8fb27_o.jpg

http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?searchID=42083838&offset=25

Last edited:
I would agree that Success is above-average and a pleasant surprise based on the renderings but not outstanding. It also adds some good height variation to that part of the skyline.

This one has grown on me... gradually. Aside from the height, the dark and light verticle bands really do make it stand out from the other green glass condos on the waterfront.

i'd agree with you tewder. this building is average at best. it's tall so it creates spectacle and an impact on the overall skyline, but hey, so does the westin hotel and those dreadful concrete condominiums.

It's about as "average at best" as the WTC condos at the foot of Yonge, if you get my drift...

That rendering sure helps you get a perspective on just how big the 54 story maple leaf tower building is going to be. The sucess tower looks huge when you are on the Gardiner. I can only imagine how this area will look in 12 m months time!!

More and more people are referring to success as above average, or at least "average at best". Even that counts for something when you consider how many people were hating on this building while it was going up, that crowd has strangely been silent as of late...

Imo Success has always been "above average" and it'll only look better when its complimented by the finished MLS towers.

I think "overshadowed by" what what you are looking for in regards to Success' future relationship with the MLS towers.

There. Happy a detractor is back?!

More and more people are referring to success as above average, or at least "average at best". Even that counts for something when you consider how many people were hating on this building while it was going up, that crowd has strangely been silent as of late...

Imo Success has always been "above average" and it'll only look better when its complimented by the finished MLS towers.

I have to agree, success has become a bit of a stunner - I'm sure the height is a factor, but it is clean and the colour of the glass is great. I also like the top of the building. I'm interested to see if tower four is upgraded in height in a few years, it will fit in nicely with the other tall buildings that will be in the area.

It's been well over two years since I have traveled on the Gardener so I've wondered what it would be like coming into the city on the Gardiner now. That's pretty dramatic.

Back