Toronto Picasso Condos | 128.62m | 39s | Mattamy Homes | Teeple Architects

I have a lot of warm feelings toward Teeple so I really do hope that this lives up to their reputation. I suspect it will be a favourite project among many UTers but will be divisive. It's hard to turn people off of the obsession with all-glass towers.

Yes, this promises to be a departure from the repetitive glass towers. I hope they can stick with their design.

Although I never say much on here, I will say this: it can't get built quickly enough. This city is in desperate need of some architectural eye-candy along this stretch of Queen street. Although I know it's on Richmond, it will largely be seen by the hoards of shoppers navigating the streets around here.

I am the MOST stoked.

This is one of those projects I'm most looking forward to, with its bold splashes of colour! Can't wait to see how Teeple and Monarch pull this one off :).

Yep this is a rare circumstance where an original proposal is replaced with an equally original design. The big plus when Monarch came on board is adding some weight and colour vs. the clear glass on the first design. Teeple did well with this redo of their original building.

Feb 3rd:

IMG_4651_zps043f9df9.jpg

IMG_4650_zpsf58c8331.jpg

Great to see my one of my favorites start construction

July 21

Looks like the crane will be installed soon!

IMG_1133.jpg

IMG_1134.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1133.jpg
    IMG_1133.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 775
  • IMG_1134.jpg
    IMG_1134.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 750
The Teeple website shows an updated podium design from what we've seen before, with more extensive use of glazing than was planned on the first couple levels.

Back