Toronto Peter and Adelaide | 152.39m | 47s | Graywood | BBB

Today

432A54F0-038F-4C12-8D4C-7A9B5116DEA3.jpeg

8BDF88FC-D193-4540-A18F-CC9AFB891B43.jpeg

I wish someone would assemble the two corner properties, demolish the Templar Hotel for a tower, and restore the heritage building to its full former glory.

I used to wish the corner house be restored, but now that it will forever be backed and framed by one of the most ridiculous and awful spandrel walls in the city I find that prospect depressing as well. Imagining a beautiful restored house backed by... that forever. Part of me now wonders if it's on balance best that the beautiful old house is demolished and a new building built to block off that horrible spandrel wall blight from sight — but that too is just a terrible depressing result. Maybe they could move the heritage building forward to the current streetwall and then free up enough pace to build a thin building behind it that could help make the redevelopment viable while also blocking off the spandrel blight.

Reactions: syn
I'm glad they used dark glazed windows to hide the beam at the corner of the building. That wasn't covered with the brick precast as seen in the photos up above. As me and some others were complaining about!

Back