Toronto Parade at Concord CityPlace | 127.4m | 44s | Concord Adex | P + S / IBI

Looks great! Maybe CityPlace isn't going to turn into St. Jamestown after all? :rolleyes:

I like that you've got the red canoe at one end and this at the other.

Looks great! Maybe CityPlace isn't going to turn into St. Jamestown after all? :rolleyes:

I like that you've got the red canoe at one end and this at the other.

While I doubt that CityPlace will turn into St. James Town, it started off as a similar high-rise community with stores and ample landscaping. The neighbourhood has public art as well, though I don't know if it was original.

If anywhere is going to be a future St. Jamestown it's going to be Liberty Village. Huge ugly generic condo buildings jammed in one beside another right against each other. Completely cut off from the rest of the city with only one or two ways in and out. And barely any mixed use. I honestly don't know who would buy in there. Besides Mildred's Temple Kitchen and maybe West Elm that place is a write-off.

At least we don't have to look at this ugly thing.

402879_10152595295790297_1759451798_n.jpg

Seriously, who made this and who approved it? Ruins the whole distillery district.

Was it made made by blind kids?

Indeed. I was sitting outside in front of Balzac's with a friend, and we both agreed that the square would have been far superior without that monstrosity.

Parade, this evening, from our place.

Parade - Small.jpg

Attachments

• Parade - Small.jpg
    Parade - Small.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 695
I wonder how the staging can be done under the bridge for window cleaning?

Haha! We're having problems at our building now for cleaning many of the windows because of "new regulations" says the landlord due to the balcony overhangs on the PH level and this looks much more precarious than my building.

CP is at least trying to make the grounds look good comapred to other projects....hopefully they plant some more trees and the retail and food stores be more creative..

Back