Toronto Parade at Concord CityPlace | 127.4m | 44s | Concord Adex | P + S / IBI

Anyone know what's in the below-grade space facing the tracks? It's visible in urbandreamer's first picture above and in this one by wyliepoon:

8242637579_9f5ac74ed3_o.jpg

The light feature on the bridge was being tested this weekend. Heres a crappy cell phone shot I took:

AA840224-4B5C-45EB-B638-4E88885B01C5-3391-000004C1F6202A47.jpg

I hate to be one of the residents that face that bridge or in Parade 2 that face the mechanical penthouse of Parade 1.
The mechanical penthouse for Parade also looks cheap and not well thought out. The glass should have been transluscent so that it looks more consistant and it doesn't look so much like a lit warehouse or an empty 80's nightclub.
I don't know why the lighting of the mechanical penthouse is not on a consistant schedule, like it is turned on manually on some nights by security and sometimes one tower is lit but not the other.

Prediction: Lights on the north side of the skybridge are permenantly shut off within a month. Lights on the south side remain.

Shouldn't be an issue, as the lighting is part of Concord's public art contribution. They've been pretty good when it comes to making sure the buildings are taking care of them, and keeping them lit.

You raise a good point. But I'm sure they can disable or cover-up that particular side without spending too much money.

There is a cool invention called curtains. Very simple and even easy to install. They even make light proofing types.
Just a thought, but, I have known since this project was just a concept that there was a lighting feature on the tops. so surely the tenants of the buildings would know about this before hand and have considered that. people arnt that stupid are they.

Last edited:
There is a cool invention called curtains. Very simple and even easy to install. They even make light proofing types.
Just a thought, but, I have known since this project was just a concept that there was a lighting feature on the tops. so surely the tenants of the buildings would know about this before hand and have considered that. people arnt that stupid are they.

They didn't illustrate the bridge lighting though, which is a bit more intrusive. Clearly curtains exist, but what if you want to take in the night view of Toronto without it being washed out by blue LEDs? Blackout curtains would make me feel like I'm hiding from bombers during the World War.

Only theres no world war so your good there. I do see what your saying, But...to those tenants who have chosen to be at eye level witn the bridges lighting system i ask why choose that unit then? Personally I wouldnt mind the lighting, As theres not much to view at night. other then more lights if looking northward. Not much to see out on the lake at night so nothing is gonna be missed there. Maybe moonlight reflections. But im pretty sure that youd still see that to. Im betting also that the Bridge liting isnt all that bright up close. Just probably appears brighter from ground levels against black sky.. The day views are much nicer IMO anyways.

I was curious about the bridge lighting so I looked out my window from Parade last night. It actually seems very directional, quite bright when viewed from the front, but from the sides fairly dim, certainly not bright enough to impact any residents in the towers. The two units in the bridge itself may however be impacted by the top lighting on the bridge.

The lighting on the top of the towers is more likely to impact residents.

Back