Toronto Parade at Concord CityPlace | 127.4m | 44s | Concord Adex | P + S / IBI

They're putting the finishing touches on the pedestrian promenade between the two towers now. What's interesting is that there are about 8 retail units facing onto that area between the two buildings. There is a good chance we may actually see some decent retail in this area, there is lots of room for patios as well. The area already has all the major banks represented (CIBC, RBC, BMO, TD, although no BNS) I see a convenience store as likely as well as maybe a dry cleaners. But beyond that I'm hopeful for a restaurant or two and maybe a coffee shop.

Fingers crossed for some decent food and shopping options for cityplace.

They're putting the finishing touches on the pedestrian promenade between the two towers now. What's interesting is that there are about 8 retail units facing onto that area between the two buildings. There is a good chance we may actually see some decent retail in this area, there is lots of room for patios as well. The area already has all the major banks represented (CIBC, RBC, BMO, TD, although no BNS) I see a convenience store as likely as well as maybe a dry cleaners. But beyond that I'm hopeful for a restaurant or two and maybe a coffee shop.

Fingers crossed for some decent food and shopping options for cityplace.

I heard there are only 3 retail units from Concord Adex staff. 2 will be restaurants and one is most likely going to be a cafe. There is a 4th space that was made by dividing one of the larger units, but I'm not too sure what will be going in there.

That's good to hear. I suppose they see the potential given the success of F and F. Although I think the location is less exposed and more isolated. Maybe the bridge linking the neighbourhoods of the north would help.

The spaces are pretty large. According to Concord Adex Retail - http://www.concordadexretail.com/cp/content/retailOpp6.asp

Parade 1 has 7,266sf with a 3,800sf patio.
Parade 2 has 6,727sf with a 3,700sf patio.

A friend of mine who was close with the owners of South of Temperance mentioned they were moving to the Spadina and Bremner (Fort York) area, so one of these locations could possibly be the new location for SoT.

So, no glass floor in the bridge? It was supposed to have this.

Those darker panels on the underside of the skybridge are apparently the glass panels. I will try to get back down there with a zoom lens next time it isn't terrible outside.

Yes - they are the glass panels - there are 6 of them in total

The spaces are pretty large. According to Concord Adex Retail - http://www.concordadexretail.com/cp/content/retailOpp6.asp

A friend of mine who was close with the owners of South of Temperance mentioned they were moving to the Spadina and Bremner (Fort York) area, so one of these locations could possibly be the new location for SoT.
OMG, shut up!

That would be stupidly fantastic, no more drunken taxi rides home from SoT. I could walk home from SoT (South of Tracks).

I can confirm that the owners of SoT will likely be in one of the Parade retail units.

Some pics of the centre promenade from tonight

muk6mq.jpg

167wpdl.jpg

wmebfq.jpg

m7gxf.jpg

From the north looking south

wklrm0.jpg

24ng10i.jpg

Back