Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

Your ability to completely deflect and bring up some completely irrelevant point fascinates me.

I have a "rare opportunity" to reach out? Wow, I'm so honoured. This person isn't some super famous person whose mere presence I should cherish, this is some person who has a very dubious claim that doesn't deserve my time or energy in this thread. If she wants to come out and dispel some of the things we're saying about her, she's free to do so. But until she comes out with a narrative that makes the tiniest bit of sense, I will continue to completely disregard her story and her plight.

The key part of course being that its on HER to come out with a logically consistent and reasonable story. She is going around claiming that Metrolinx screwed her over, so if that's true then she's free to provide a consistent and logical narrative that actually demonstrates this fact. Just because Metrolinx has a "history" of screwing people over means absolutely nothing. She made several contradictory claims that are very difficult to logically square, claims that make me doubt her account and believe in what Metrolinx is doing. I have no reason to spend my time making a tiktok account, just to send some random person a dm that will result in the most inevitable conclusion imaginable.

Honestly at this point I'm not even writing this to put her down, I'm writing this because your eagerness to defend this person and her story despite your implication that she's a complete stranger frankly astounds me. Here's an idea: If you're so convinced this person was wronged by Metrolinx, why don't YOU ask her directly, why don't YOU bring up the points we made here. It seems like you already have a TikTok so you're probably the most qualified person to send such a DM. If you're so convinced she's right, bring these points up with her, let's see what response you get.

Good Luck!
So is MX's credibility not a relevant point? Can you explain why?

Look how many paragraphs you've typed out? if you ACTUALLY cared about the truth you'd ask her. Anything else is a waste of energy.

Look how many paragraphs you've typed out? if you ACTUALLY cared about the truth you'd ask her. Anything else is a waste of energy.

@turbanplanner if you ACTUALLY cared about the truth then you'd ask her.

It is relevant. But again, there's no proof that in this specific case MX did any wrongdoing. Innocent until proven guilty! Again, easily remedied if the supposed appraisal was shared with Global News. All we have right now is he said she said!

@turbanplanner if you ACTUALLY cared about the truth then you'd ask her.

It is relevant. But again, there's no proof that in this specific case MX did any wrongdoing. Innocent until proven guilty! Again, easily remedied if the supposed appraisal was shared with Global News. All we have right now is he said she said!
I go out of my way to post photos of construction in the city, I’ve emailed metrolynx with questions.

I don’t care enough to do the legwork on this story but everyone else is free to do so! You’d think with all the back and forth someone would take initiative? Crazy thought, I know?

I go out of my way to post photos of construction in the city, I’ve emailed metrolynx with questions.

I don’t care enough to do the legwork on this story but everyone else is free to do so! You’d think with all the back and forth someone would take initiative? Crazy thought, I know?

You'd think someone who argued the loudest on an unproven slight by Metrolinx would've cared enough to do the legwork on this story. You'd think with all the back and forth, @turbanplanner would take initiative? Crazy thought, I know?

🤣

Also, many of us on Urban Toronto contribute in a similar fashion to what you describe. And those who don't contribute like that also play their share in discussions and seeing others post. Unlike the others here, you seem to also have the tendency to toot your own horn, so to speak. Not a great look.

Reading Comprehension, feel free to reread my post. You'll find the answer to your points in there.

You'd think someone who argued the loudest on an unproven slight by Metrolinx would've cared enough to do the legwork on this story. You'd think with all the back and forth, @turbanplanner would take initiative? Crazy thought, I know?

🤣

Also, many of us on Urban Toronto contribute in a similar fashion to what you describe. And those who don't contribute like that also play their share in discussions and seeing others post. Unlike the others here, you seem to also have the tendency to toot your own horn, so to speak. Not a great look.
Can you show me some initiative you've taken in general? I regularly post construction photos etc.
Reading Comprehension, feel free to reread my post. You'll find the answer to your points in there.
You've written a lot, don't bother writing more about this though. If you wanted answers you'd ask HER not me.

Can you show me some initiative you've taken in general? I regularly post construction photos etc.

I don't need or want your approval. If you want, check my post history. This information is publicly available, unlike the secretive 2,500 sqft appraisal that you've been harping about.

I've spent enough calories trying to be reasonable with you. This is going to be my last response to you as you refuse to have a reasonable conversation and have side steps most points that has been brought up with irrelevant information.

Good day to you @turbanplanner.

Btw, I really appreciate your responses, @ARG1

Reposting my question from right before the thread got derailed, in case it got lost amongst the catfight: anyone know whether the TBM launch/re-excavation site will be at Pape south or Pape north?

Reposting my question from right before the thread got derailed, in case it got lost amongst the catfight: anyone know whether the TBM launch/re-excavation site will be at Pape south or Pape north?

I'm not sure if I understood the question correctly. From the information I can find in the Metrolinx website, the TBM launch shaft is going to be at Pape South and the TBMs will be tunnelling north from here.

1000090502.png

I would presume that the TBMs will tunnel up to Pape station, will have to be dismantled south of the station and launched again north of the station and continue tunneling until the north portal at Minton Pl leading to the Don Valley bridge.

A thought I had, looking at Carto Metro's track map of Toronto rail. Is this accurate? Is there really not going to be a crossover before either terminal station?????

That track map for line 3 is quite woefully out of date as it still shows the east/northbound track along the LSE corridor as being on the south side.

A thought I had, looking at Carto Metro's track map of Toronto rail. Is this accurate? Is there really not going to be a crossover before either terminal station?????

That track map for line 3 is quite woefully out of date as it still shows the east/northbound track along the LSE corridor as being on the south side.

Without crossovers at the terminals, it would be essentially impossible to run the service. Rest assured that they are part of the plan and that the Carto Metro map is very high level. Additionally though, crossovers will be located after the terminal stations (that's why there are long tail tracks) to support 90 second headways.

It's not accurate. There are lots of errors on many of the lines.

That said, they frequently will "dummy in" the alignment of the line without any crossovers or special work, as those are frequently not finalized until much later in the process and so aren't known to the authors.

Dan

It's not accurate. There are lots of errors on many of the lines.

That said, they frequently will "dummy in" the alignment of the line without any crossovers or special work, as those are frequently not finalized until much later in the process and so aren't known to the authors.

Dan
Thanks for the info. If you can, are you able to elaborate on what other errors there are on the map?

I guess we are a long way from anything that resembles Peter Dougherty's NYC trackbook.

Back