Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

That is why it has to be underground like I noted. Even having an LRT on the surface is not wise, as it would require all parking on it to be remove and will go over like a lead balloon for those folks on that street.
Extend Line 4 west to Sheppard West station and south along Dufferin all the way to Exhibition. OL phase 2 should go up Roncy to Dundas West Station, Junction all the way to the airport. There should also be a new line on Gerrard/College from the Zoo or UTSC to Square One. We can call it Central line.

Last edited:
Extend Line 4 west to Sheppard West station and south along Dufferin all the way to Exhibition. OL phase 2 should go up Roncy to Dundas West Station, Junction all the way to the airport. There should also be a new line on from Gerrard/College from Scarborough Zoo or UTSC to Square One. We can call it the Central line.
I agree with you regarding the Line 4 extension but I do not love twisty lines and the idea of Line 4 going to the Exhibition is cool I would rather it just go to the Pearson Transit Hub and a Dufferin subway could run from Finch to Exhibition instead.

I agree with you regarding the Line 4 extension but I do not love twisty lines and the idea of Line 4 going to the Exhibition is cool I would rather it just go to the Pearson Transit Hub and a Dufferin subway could run from Finch to Exhibition instead.
The advantage of Line 4 turning south along Dufferin is people can get from Exhibition to Scarborough without a transfer (provided Line 4 get an eastward extension). We could also eventually turn line 4 into a loop line. A couple of diagonal lines cutting across the city from south west to north east and south east to north west would also be amazing. But that's just a pipe dream.

The advantage of Line 4 turning south along Dufferin is people can get from Exhibition to Scarborough without a transfer (provided Line 4 get an eastward extension). We could also eventually turn line 4 into a loop line. A couple of diagonal lines cutting across the city from south west to north east and south east to north west would also be amazing. But that's just a pipe dream.
I'd rather we don't develop this weird obsession with 1 seat rides. 1 seat rides are nice and all but having lines just do 90deg curves for no good reason isn't the way to do it. At least with Line 2, it curves north away from Danforth Rd roughly when it's about to reach the end at Kingston, so it's a fairly natural progression.

honestly the profanity filter on UT is quite sensitive. its just a word people use as an adverb sometimes. like "its a b**** to to go north on dufferin"

I'm confused. Why would the Ontario Line going north on Dufferin be a female dog? Oh, people aren't using their words correctly again on the forum. Got it.
I didn't really want to get involved in this debate, because it's such an asinine debate for anyone over the age of 12 to have, but curse words are a form of slang. Words change their meaning over time. That curse words may not be to your personal taste changes the equation in no way whatsoever.

https://www.westendphoenix.com/stories/60-seconds-from-crashing. Just wanted to add to the discourse regarding Dufferin. Edit: the subheading is telling: "The Dufferin 29 bus is a true workhorse: one of the city’s top five busiest surface routes, hauling 32,000 people per day along the long, strange arterial that is as hostile to pedestrians and cyclists as any other in the city. According to the TTC’s metrics, the route is one minute away – measuring head time, or the time between buses – from being unsustainable. With thousands of new condo units – and future bus riders – on their way to the area, John Lorinc asks: What’s the plan?" also Merry Christmas everyone ! 🎄

https://www.westendphoenix.com/stories/60-seconds-from-crashing. Just wanted to add to the discourse regarding Dufferin. Edit: the subheading is telling: "The Dufferin 29 bus is a true workhorse: one of the city’s top five busiest surface routes, hauling 32,000 people per day along the long, strange arterial that is as hostile to pedestrians and cyclists as any other in the city. According to the TTC’s metrics, the route is one minute away – measuring head time, or the time between buses – from being unsustainable. With thousands of new condo units – and future bus riders – on their way to the area, John Lorinc asks: What’s the plan?" also Merry Christmas everyone ! 🎄
Honestly if not an OL extension then the 29 south of Bloor really should be converted to a streetcar. I get why the TTC is averse to the idea though since it would have to be mixed traffic unless the TTC can convince the city to let them reduce Dufferin to 1 lane in each direction. As well an underground streetcar loop at Dufferin Station would be really expensive; the only way around this being either diverting the line to Ossington along Bloor or extending the route past Bloor to St.Clair and I guess either St.Clair West Station or Earlscourt Loop, but then what do you do with the 29. And of course there is also the cost of installing all that track north of Queen Street be it in mixed traffic or a ROW.

Last edited:
honestly the profanity filter on UT is quite sensitive. its just a word people use as an adverb sometimes. like "its a b**** to to go north on dufferin"

It's all about intent - swearing out of exacerbation is one thing; swearing at someone is a different matter entirely - and it will be responded to.

MoD

They can start by building streetcar tracks between Queen Street West and Dundas Street West on Dufferin Street. Then they can run a 593 EXHIBITION express streetcar from Dundas West Station along Dundas Street West and then Dufferin Street to the Exhibition Loop. On Dufferin Street it would run express on the streetcar tracks, with the 29 DUFFERIN bus providing local service.

See link for a History of Transit Service to Exhibition Place.

exhibition-advertisement-1953.png

Honestly if not an OL extension then the 29 south of Bloor really should be converted to a streetcar. I get why the TTC is averse to the idea though since it would have to be mixed traffic unless the TTC can convince the city to let them reduce Dufferin to 1 lane in each direction. As well an underground streetcar loop at Dufferin Station would be really expensive; the only way around this being either diverting the line to Ossington along Bloor or extending the route past Bloor to St.Clair and I guess either St.Clair West Station or Earlscourt Loop, but then what do you do with the 29. And of course there is also the cost of installing all that track north of Queen Street be it in mixed traffic or a ROW.
IMHO, tram/light rail is not the way to go downtown. We will have another 2 million people living in the city in the next 10 years; we gotta build more subways/light metro. Having said that we need more redundancy downtown. ROW for streetcars on King, Queen, Dundas College, Bathurst with signal priority. We have to continue planning and building more rapid transit and not just be satisfied with the OL. I mean we should already be planning/designing other lines/extensions so that they can come online in early 2030s right after OL phase 1 opens.

IMHO, tram/light rail is not the way to go downtown. We will have another 2 million people living in the city in the next 10 years; we gotta build more subways/light metro. Having said that we need more redundancy downtown. ROW for streetcars on King, Queen, Dundas College, Bathurst with signal priority. We have to continue planning and building more rapid transit and not just be satisfied with the OL. I mean we should already be planning/designing other lines/extensions so that they can come online in early 2030s right after OL phase 1 opens.
Considering the glacial pace at which transit expansion gets planned in this city, and the even more glacial pace at which said transit expansion gets built, I'm not convinced any amount of subways is going to come in and bail us out in time. I mean, how long have we been hoping to build the Ontario Downtown Relief Line? By the time anything gets built, it will be far too little, far too late, and more likely than not in completely the wrong place.

Has anyone stopped to wonder whether doubling the city population over 10 years is the best public policy to pursue?

No?

Okay...
They can start by building streetcar tracks between Queen Street West and Dundas Street West on Dufferin Street. Then they can run a 593 EXHIBITION express streetcar from Dundas West Station along Dundas Street West and then Dufferin Street to the Exhibition Loop. On Dufferin Street it would run express on the streetcar tracks, with the 29 DUFFERIN bus providing local service.
By what process would you ensure the "593" would be fast enough to compete as an express and make the whole thing worth investing in in the first place?

Back