Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

I give these workers alot of credit for knowing how to do what they do. to me... it looks so un organised and just a mess. I wouldnt know whats what, and goes where in all that. So many steps involved in building these condos. Especially in thier basements. Wow! Great progress and great job to all involved in this project. This building deserves all the care in the world. she'll be a beaut. Keep warm this winter!

Yeah, no kidding. I mentioned this elsewhere in this thread, I believe. Concrete is unbelievably expensive, so it'd be interesting to know.

And yeah, they're not wasting time on this thing. 2014-15 will be fun years to watch this.
This project will be fun to watch as every level has a different shape. no two floors are alike.

Yeah, no kidding. I mentioned this elsewhere in this thread, I believe. Concrete is unbelievably expensive, so it'd be interesting to know.

I would suspect they get a better bulk rate but at $210/cubic meter the cost for the concrete alone (delivered) is $756,000. Add in all the labour and other machinery for the day and I bet you are well on you way to a million dollar day, simply amazing.

I give these workers alot of credit for knowing how to do what they do. to me... it looks so un organised and just a mess. I wouldnt know whats what, and goes where in all that. So many steps involved in building these condos. Especially in thier basements. Wow! Great progress and great job to all involved in this project. This building deserves all the care in the world. she'll be a beaut. Keep warm this winter!

Yep, me too. Working in academics, I admittedly have no skills in the trades whatsoever. I admire those who have those talents. Great jobs, a lot of satisfaction, and it takes skill.

IMG_4577_zps213ee56a.jpg

Northbound

Photo taken by SkyJacked from L Tower last Friday looking north along Yonge Street. Just in front the Hudson Bay Centre one can see the two construction cranes of One Bloor East:

8442336401_36b33df9fc_h.jpg

really awesome how the taller of the Hullmark Centre towers will peak out above (richmond hill?) in that photo.
And ya, One Bloor is also cool :D.
*btw amazing clarity in that photo.

how do construction sites deal with snow like this? do they shut down for a couple of weeks or do they have to shovel themselves out?

how do construction sites deal with snow like this? do they shut down for a couple of weeks or do they have to shovel themselves out?

Actually they were out there today with snow blowers. They were blowing snow off the forms they've just erected, supposedly so they can start pouring concrete on the first level of parking.

They sure aren't wasting any time here.

Back