Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

I walked by around 9-9:30 and it looked like they were done by then.

Here is a treat for those that couldn't make it today: Enjoy in HD!

[video=youtube;Sh8xgAXNlqc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh8xgAXNlqc[/video]

The curing process is exothermic - it might be fairly warm down there today. If it was properly frigid and not the warmest January on record, the sight of steam rising off the pad would make for some dramatic photography.

You are welcome, but it wasn't a time lapse, it was just a normal video. Really feels good to see the ball get rolling on this project.

Some pictures of the completed pour would be greatly appreciated if anyone is willing to venture over there (today if at all possible!!!)

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for that sMT.

Watching that pour I was reminded of that scene in the novel Generation X where the character Claire tells a story about how she wondered, as a child, whether the Upper East Side had a disproportionate amount of gravity because of the mass of all the giant apartment blocks. Maybe Toronto isn't the centre of the universe, but the centre of gravity just moved marginally closer to Yonge and Bloor!

Great pictures and video thank you everyone, that is what this site is so great for!!

I would have liked to see it myself but alas it was not in my schedule for the weekend and yet that video was Very Close to just as good as seeing it in person, thanks again.

Anyone know what happens to the crane base that is now encased in concrete. Do they just leave it there, cut it out? It certainly doesn't look like it can be extracted.

1bcrane.jpg

Our front page story on the pour is up now, with a few more details for you, including this:

One Bloor will be 257.3 metres high, or 843.94 feet to mechanical penthouse roof.

Thanks to everyone who posted pics from the weekend pour. Cheers!

Great update! Thanks. If something tall is built on the southwest corner, and with other nearby towers completed, the ground level view will easily rival that at King and Bay.

Wow! 257 meters is very impressive. This building is going to stand out like a sore thumb once finished. It will end up being in the top 10 tallest buildings in Canada and taller than anything outside of Toronto!

Wow! 257 meters is very impressive. This building is going to stand out like a sore thumb once finished. It will end up being in the top 10 tallest buildings in Canada and taller than anything outside of Toronto!

Not really, if it does stand out, it certainly won't be for long once the new Yorkville Avenue, Cumberland, and 50 Bloor towers are built, it won't even remain the tallest, but it will indeed make an exceptional addition to the ever growing Yonge and Bloor skyline (man I can't wait to see how this area will look in another 10 years!). As a side not, totally off topic, sort of. When I was standing on Bloor watching the big pour, this handsome young man, very well dressed and seemingly articulate, stands beside me, and proceeds to tell me the entire property was once a graveyard over a century ago, and that the land was haunted. He went on (as I began walking away) to say the tower would forever be haunted and never to buy there. Errrr....uuummmmm.......yeah, I guess meth is one hell of a drug! There are a lot of creepy people in this city, and I seem to attract them, don't say you weren't warned, don't blame the builder if your new condo has bleeding walls! Lol!

Back