Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Well, what would you do if you cautiously proposed 69 floors and found out you could have easily sold 100?

You'd go back for more.

I would not be surprised if this were true beacause i cant imagine another site thay could have more demand.

What about the site directly across the street? :eek:

Unless the website hasn't been updated since last fall there's still plenty of units available. Plus how do they get all these people up and down in an efficient manner if more floors are piled on top? For example, Aura has six elevators (same as One Bloor) to serve up to the 56th floor and 3 additional cabs to serve floors 57-75. Presumably things like parking stalls, bicycle spots and such would have to be increased too.

Last edited:
jigglysquishy on SSP made the observation that this possible height increase should be enough to have One Bloor as the tallest pure residential tower in North America.

The current tallest, built or under construction, in North America is Bleekman Tower in New York, at 267m.

The current One Bloor, at 237.7m, is 29.3m shorter. At 3.4m per floor, that's a bit less than 9 additional floors, well within range of the expected increase in number of floors if this rumour is true.

(Actually, Toronto does quite well in the 200+ metre all-residential tower race. Of the 17 towers built or under construction in North America, six are in New York City, four are in Chicago and in Toronto, two are in Miami and one is in Austin, Texas. One Bloor will make it five for Toronto.)

Last edited:
Plus how do they get all these people up and down in an efficient manner if more floors are piled on top? For example, Aura has six elevators (same as One Bloor) to serve up to the 56th floor and 3 additional cabs to serve floors 57-75. Presumably things like parking stalls, bicycle spots and such would have to be increased too.

Yeah, but i still think its less expensive to add say10-15 floors to a planned building than actually building one from scratch.

Yeah, but i still think its less expensive to add say10-15 floors to a planned building than actually building one from scratch.

Especially if they had planned for the possibility of a height increase from the start -- basically overengineering the structure to accommodate later height increases (up to a certain number of floors). Given that the existing design for One Bloor seems to have been finance-limited, this is a distinct possibility. I believe that the designers of Aura did this as well.

Come on Great Gulf... Get a Luxury Hotel component on the first 20 floors with a honkin' huge high-end retail podium and lets push this thing to 90 floors.!

GG are you listening????

AndrewJM3D at SSC posted this alteration of Traynor's image to include a 300m One Bloor:

5459880326_4348a2cb68_b.jpg

...now mentally add 42 Charles Street East just to the right of One Bloor behind Uptown, midway in height between Uptown and One Bloor.

Last edited:
That is what I call a massive erection.

we should have lot of high rises by now we're a bit behind .. i wish they would move that building closer to CN

Our many clusters of transit oriented development are part of what makes our city unique. I wouldn't trade it...

Back