Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

If true (I doubt it) there's more financing involved and further delays for approvals and such. It's time to get this thing built, it's high enough.

If true (I doubt it) there's more financing involved and further delays for approvals and such. It's time to get this thing built, it's high enough.

Yeah, financing most likely but i cant see the city having much of a problem allowing GG to build to Bazis approved 81 floors.. I think delays is whats happening right know, and something smells fishy. I guess if 200 extra pads were to be added it would be a lot more than the 11 floors, but then again like Mongo mentioned in an earlier post, maybe there are currently a certain amout of existing units that have not been sold...we will have to wait and see what comes out of this.:)

Isn't this a fatter tower with a more substantial base than Bazis' One Bloor? If so, I do think the city would have concerns the additional density on this corner.

Can we please just build this thing...

I hope there isn't any more delays. if so the people that bought units here will be ready to move into a retirement home by the time this thing is completed

^Don't be silly... No one who buys in Toronto actually lives in their units. Foreign rental investments.

:p

Well, what would you do if you cautiously proposed 69 floors and found out you could have easily sold 100?

You'd go back for more.

I would not be surprised if this were true beacause i cant imagine another site thay could have more demand.

GG just has no ba"%&.

To be fair, I suspect that GG would have preferred to go taller right from the start, but their source of finance was very conservative about extending credit (as they all were at the time). Now that the market for units in this project has been demonstrated to be so hot, they are no doubt hoping to persuade their bankers to extend more credit, so that they can build the project to the height they originally wanted to (or even taller).

To be fair, I suspect that GG would have preferred to go taller right from the start, but their source of finance was very conservative about extending credit (as they all were at the time). Now that the market for units in this project has been demonstrated to be so hot, they are no doubt hoping to persuade their bankers to extend more credit, so that they can build the project to the height they originally wanted to (or even taller).

Well - it was the hottest selling project in a city with a thousand hot projects - it practically sold out in days - how hard can it be ?

Just as every human has an ego so I believe do the developers. I can see Great Gulf wanting a higher tower so they can metaphorically make the statement to the developers of Trump and Aura "Mine is bigger than yours". Jeez,did I just break UT's code of conduct? Sorry!

Last edited:
I'll remain hopeful. But until Great Gulf issues a statement, it's all rumours.

That said, I really hope they match Bazis's height!

Back