Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

I think this kerfluffle over wording is just indicative of how anticipated this project is -- the tiniest morsel gets analyzed to death.

It has been stated multiple time in this thread by a few people that know what is going on that there are outstanding permits and that construction is a few months away. Furthermore top officials at GG are quoted in public media as saying exactly that. Unfortunately those factual posts get buried behind volumes of other posts that seem to be on a day-to-day watch for construction to start (it isn't, as I stated a couple weeks ago) or pure speculation regarding if or when the tower may start. This forum benefits from eager participants, but too often actual facts get buried in piles of posts that offer no information or value...

Last edited:
just thought I'd move this back to the first page... it was buried way on page 5 :eek: !!
I tried to use the search function to find it, but again I never have any luck there either.

My anticipation for this project dies each time I walk by Yonge and Bloor and notice that nothing is going on here.

6 posts before yours reads...

It has been stated multiple time in this thread by a few people that know what is going on that there are outstanding permits and that construction is a few months away. Furthermore top officials at GG are quoted in public media as saying exactly that. Unfortunately those factual posts get buried behind volumes of other posts that seem to be on a day-to-day watch for construction to start (it isn't, as I stated a couple weeks ago) or pure speculation regarding if or when the tower may start. This forum benefits from eager participants, but too often actual facts get buried in piles of posts that offer no information or value...

One Bloor will be constructed, just have a bit of patience.

Mile High: what about the search function does not work for you? If you type one bloor into the Search Forum field atop the thread columns... this thread comes up!

In the meantime, rest easy in knowing that as soon as someone has information about any project moving forward, it's practically a race to see who can post the info first: when something on this building happens, it will get posted!

and from today's Daily Commercial News, posted with the usual warning......when they say construction start of Aug 2011, I believe they mean that is when they start pouring concrete (i.e. after excavation)...floor count is anybody's guess....

CONDOMINIUM APARTMENT, RETAIL Proj: 1320817-18
Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON NEGOTIATED/WORKING DRAWINGS
One Bloor Condos, 1 Bloor St E, M4W 1A9
$50,000,000 est

Start: August, 2011 Complete: June, 2013

Note: Sales and marketing are underway. Working drawings are ongoing. Working drawings will be completed sequentially with construction Spring/Summer, 2011. Const Mgr is seeking building permits for excavation, foundations and shoring. Excavation of the six-storey underground parking structure will proceed beginning Spring, 2011. Structural construction is anticipated late Summer, 2011. Sub trade tenders will be issued sequentially to an invited list. Further update June, 2011.
Fluent Engineering is the LEED Consultant for this project. www.onebloor.com

Project: concrete foundation, cast-in-place concrete structural frame, curtainwall exterior, fuel fired heating system, proposed environmentally friendly construction of a 65-storey condominium building, with 690 units and 100,000 sq ft of retail space on the first and second floors. Also included will be 27,000 sq ft of amenity space for residents on the sixth and seventh floors. The sixth floor will feature a spa with treatment rooms and steam suites, and will have an outdoor terrace and bar. The seventh floor will house two pools, a fitness room and 19,000 sq ft of outdoor space. The project will be certified under the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System.
Scope: 600,000 square feet; 65 storeys; 6 storeys below grade; 690 units; parking for 500 cars; 4 acres

Development: New
Category: Apartment bldgs; Retail, wholesale services

And the mystery continues on the height of this building.:D

Yeah, it sounds like they're building the Chrysler building, yeesh! Although I don't think they'll need to go to the length of hiding the top few floors and the spire inside the building, and then jacking them up at a later point in construction, haha.

Back