409     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 481     1 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 2.1K     3 

Toronto non-mall retail (Odds & Ends)

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
Its the lands where the driving range was and there is some sort of truck terminal behind. There is room for 2 big boxes 120-150,000sf plus some other buildings.

Nike closed there Y&E locatoin a while back as well - which for those curious has turned over 3 times since :) and is currently (just recently) occupied by Reitmans (which moved from Y&E center) ... seems odd to me.
Anyway Nike never seem to do well outside of malls for the most part.

Maybe that Y&E spot is just one of those 'cursed' retail locations. And the Queen St location was always kind of crummy. Whenever I need running gear I'd look in there and not find a thing, but the flagship store on Bloor always had what I was after. I suspect Nike just does better with large stores, since they target so many different sports, plus streetwear.

According to their website, Crate & Barrel 2 (CB 2) is opening at Bathurst and Queen this Summer. CB 2 parrels IKEA more than a higher end store.

Levi's at Yonge & Edward has closed.

You sure ? The place above it and the place right north of it are for lease (I think it was an internet cafe). But Levi's is still there I think.

As Bloor St. retail real estate becomes more and more expensive I wonder if the owners of the Colonnade have considered convereting this little used driveway into 2 storey retail. There's 100s of thousands in annual rental $ sitting there.

chanelvuitton.jpg

As Bloor St. retail real estate becomes more and more expensive I wonder if the owners of the Colonnade have considered convereting this little used driveway into 2 storey retail. There's 100s of thousands in annual rental $ sitting there.

chanelvuitton.jpg

You know, I've walked by that a hundred times and never noticed that stairway.

Back