479     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 446     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 482     0 

Toronto non-mall retail (Odds & Ends)

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
The Great Canadian Bagel/Second Cup on Avenue Rd just north of Lawrence Ave has closed...looks like Starbucks is the last chain left standing on the strip with two locations.

Anybody know the story over at the Bow and Arrow, at Yonge and Davisville? Was going to stop in for a pint or two there on my way home after getting out of the subway, and they were shuttered. One sign on the door said they're closed for repairs, yet the larger window next to it had a For Lease sign. Shame if it closes, as it had a good selection of brews I hadn't seen anywhere else, and had a good vibe to it. Now my choices are Kramer's across the street (which attracts a dodgy crowd at nights), or the Bull and Firkin down at Merton, which isn't bad, but serves the standard Molson-Labatt fare.

They closed two months ago (or so). My friend's friend was a server there, and apparently the owners weren't paying the staff. They all walked out. Which is too bad, since the bison burgers were awesome. I went to Kramers thinking it was a suitable substitute, but not really (expensive for what it is, and they seem to be out of stuff a lot). Great patio though.

I live on Eglinton, but my friend lives on Manor, and when we meet up, it was B&A, so it's unfortunate there isn't a British-style pub in that area.

http://www.thebowandarrow.ca/

The Bow and Arrow is closed.
The Neighbourhood Group is currently negotiating
with a prospective new tenant.

I know the owners have two places in Guelph. And plan to open more Borealis Grille & Bar restaurants.

They closed two months ago (or so). My friend's friend was a server there, and apparently the owners weren't paying the staff. They all walked out. Which is too bad, since the bison burgers were awesome. I went to Kramers thinking it was a suitable substitute, but not really (expensive for what it is, and they seem to be out of stuff a lot). Great patio though.

I live on Eglinton, but my friend lives on Manor, and when we meet up, it was B&A, so it's unfortunate there isn't a British-style pub in that area.

That doesn't surprise me about the Bow and Arrow. I found that service took a nosedive early last year when it changed owners (at least, that's what I assume happened).

What about the Manor Arms? If it's still there, it should be at the NE corner of Manor and Yonge.

Manor Arms is long gone. Seems like most of the pubs in the Yonge / Eglinton area started to get into trouble after My friend and I moved out of there. Guess they really did depend on our hourly pints.

Another pub (I forget the name) that seemed pretty popular closed down a year or so ago too...it's right across from Chimi Changas at Yonge & Eglinton.

I walk by this area quite frequently ... I don't see many vacant sites for lease directly at the Y&E intersection or further south. If you go North a bit, however, there are quite a few vacancies, not so much North of Lawrence.

In other words, what's replaced these pubs??

Back