1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 387     0 

Toronto non-mall retail (Odds & Ends)

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
What's the deal with the smaller Roots store at Bayview Village? They've even returned to the older signage. They're calling it a "concept" store based on the notice in its old location across from Chapters. Also, does anyone know who's taking over that spot? Looks like it's an ok-enough size for an Anthro...

Roots has returned to the original branding on new stores. The store in Rosedale has it.

Do you know why the Bayview Village store moved? Their new store is about the same size as their original Bayview Village store back in the 80s.

I liked the old Bayview store better. I don't like their old-school logo.

Old BV store as in which one? The one across from Chapters? The one near the current Banana Republic (I think it's where the current Morgan store is)? The original one? (I know BV really, really well. I've been going to the mall since before I was born).

King West

I see the old condo sales centre on King West & Peter (across from the Score) is for lease. Any news on potential tenants?

Mövenpick

Mövenpick to relaunch Marché brand
Mar 25, 2009
Dana Flavelle
Toronto Star

More than five years after Mövenpick left the Canadian market following a dispute with its franchisee Jorg Reichert, the multinational Swiss restaurant and hotel operator says it's preparing a comeback.

The company says it plans to relaunch its European market-style Marché brand in Canada, starting with a flagship location in downtown Toronto next year. It expects to open at least 10 more locations, all in Toronto, generating $30 million in sales.

The move puts Mövenpick in competition with Richtree Inc., the Toronto firm that operates what used to be the flagship Marché restaurant in downtown Toronto.

Richtree was created after a legal dispute ended in the Swiss operator and Reichert severing their relationship. Reichert later parted ways with Richtree.

None of the parties previously involved in operating any Mövenpick or Marché restaurants in Canada are involved in the company's return to the market, a spokesperson said.

Richtree declined to comment.

Do you know why the Bayview Village store moved? Their new store is about the same size as their original Bayview Village store back in the 80s.

Roots' new retail focus is the 'old' concept and they have removed the home items, that's why they've taken smaller space. You'll see this trend throughout their mall locations...Roots is one of our clients.

Roots' new retail focus is the 'old' concept and they have removed the home items, that's why they've taken smaller space. You'll see this trend throughout their mall locations...Roots is one of our clients.

So basically, the only big store will be the one at Bloor and Bellair?

Old BV store as in which one? The one across from Chapters? The one near the current Banana Republic (I think it's where the current Morgan store is)? The original one? (I know BV really, really well. I've been going to the mall since before I was born).

By old store I mean the one that they just moved out of. My friend works there and told me they were moving into a smaller store. I haven't been to the new one yet, just to the old one.

So basically, the only big store will be the one at Bloor and Bellair?

They've been trying to sub-lease the 2nd floor to another retailer, no success. They'll eventually downsize this flagship location as well.

Back