2.1K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 450     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     1 

Toronto non-mall retail (Odds & Ends)

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
Dank Mart, an exotic snack shop on Queen West, is gone. Who knew that selling 15 dollar bags of Ruffles wasn’t a viable business model? 🤣
They actually posted on their social media 10 weeks ago that they were relocating - which doesn't shock anyone, as there is a lot of uncertainty with Queen & Spadina due to the upcoming Ontario Line disruptions.
Screen Shot 2023-07-14 at 8.00.58 PM.png

Value Village will be opening a new location at 2637 Yonge St, a few storefronts south of the Sporting Life flagship store in the Midtown area of the city.

Speaking of gaming arcades, Tilt has re-opened at a massive new location after their previous location suffered a devastating fire a couple of years back. They've taken over the old Stones Place building near Queen and Dufferin. Can't wait to go!!

Big news - Ballroom Bowl is opening at Yonge Dundas Square (at The Tenor)

I wonder where they will put this.

I highly doubt they will put it in the old Milestones space (which does not seem big enough). The only logical place I can see this being put is in the basement where Little Canada is.

I wonder where they will put this.

I highly doubt they will put it in the old Milestones space (which does not seem big enough). The only logical place I can see this being put is in the basement where Little Canada is.
They are going on the 3rd floor where the existing food court is.....they are moving the FC tenants over to make space for a large and contiguous space for Ballroom.

I have been reading about IKEA’s newest venture which is IKEA 2.0. Sort of next level technology integration in the home. Have opened a store in London, UK and apparently central Toronto is next for an opening in 2024. No further information but I do note that the UK store is stand alone. Does anyone know where this is going? Thanks! Btw when are other Canadian cities getting downtown IKEAs? I know Montreal and Vancouver could handle them with Ottawa and Calgary a strong maybe.

I have been reading about IKEA’s newest venture which is IKEA 2.0. Sort of next level technology integration in the home. Have opened a store in London, UK and apparently central Toronto is next for an opening in 2024. No further information but I do note that the UK store is stand alone. Does anyone know where this is going? Thanks! Btw when are other Canadian cities getting downtown IKEAs? I know Montreal and Vancouver could handle them with Ottawa and Calgary a strong maybe.
It's just the Aura store. There's IKEA 2.0 signage all over the upper level. They're currently renovating that floor, section by section. So far it just seems like a better re-arrangement of the store layout but maybe there will be some kind of new smarthome section.

Mastermind Toys Acquired by Joe Mimran’s Unity Acquisitions, 18 Stores to Close
Nice to see the chain sell so quickly to Joe - I'm fairly confident it'll be in good hands with him. It would have been a damn shame for an urban oriented company specializing in quality toys go under. I wonder if any of the Toronto locations will close.

Back