Toronto Nobu Residences Toronto | 156.66m | 45s | Madison Group | Teeple Architects

Yes, it feels fun and monumental at the same time. A great fit for this area of the city I would think.

This is pretty cool!

Could we see an extension of the PATH connection to Mercer? It isn't far from Metro Centre and if there is a hotel coming here, that would provide further incentive for a connection.

This is pretty cool!

Could we see an extension of the PATH connection to Mercer? It isn't far from Metro Centre and if there is a hotel coming here, that would provide further incentive for a connection.

It would be pretty cool if they could extend the PATH to Clarence Square via this and the new 400 Front St W proposal.

I have mixed feelings about this. I love Teeple's work in general and look forward to them doing more in the city. But this feels out of scale with its surrounds (and certainly the street) and ungracefully so. It also feels gimmicky, in a way that Arche de la Défense does not (and again, Arche is just so much more graceful with plenty of room to breath).

I do look forward to seeing this progress in design and height though.

I can't lie, the novelty factor is appealing.

I do share alklay's concerns though. Hopefully these issues are addressed as the project (hopefully) moves forward.

The shape is very intriguing and makes sense in a number of ways, and I'm certainly drawn to it. The ground level/lower levels are going to need a lot more work, but it's still early days. I'm excited to see what this project could become!

Reminder to the people who say "Just build it!": What you see is not a complete or final building. It is an early concept that, despite the desires of those who like it, will see many changes before it is a project ready to be constructed.

What a shame it isn't at the end of a view corridor! Still, given the shorter buildings around it this one will stand out, and in a good way... to which, although quite tall for the immediate area the arch-like form gives this structure some monumentality.

Will this replace the Second City building? What is happening to them?

The only way I'd like that is if there was a "T" shaped condo beside it.
Reminds me of that ugly Hudson's Bay idea that had a render.

Hopefully Teen Titans will set up shop in Toronto.

612992-titans_20tower.jpg

Attachments

• 612992-titans_20tower.jpg
    612992-titans_20tower.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 1,345
This is pretty cool!

Someone at the meeting asked, and they said "they hadn't really thought about it" but that it was an idea worth talking about with the City.

Last edited:

Back