Toronto Nobu Residences Toronto | 156.66m | 45s | Madison Group | Teeple Architects

UrbanToronto @Urban_Toronto
https://twitter.com/Urban_Toronto/status/562759068545462272
15-35 Mercer is no longer Freed, it's now 67-storey @mymadisonhome with @teeplearch. #Toronto #condo #development
B89SYmNIYAETTyj.jpg

Attachments

• B89SYmNIYAETTyj.jpg
    B89SYmNIYAETTyj.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 1,867
The only way I'd like that is if there was a "T" shaped condo beside it.
Reminds me of that ugly Hudson's Bay idea that had a render.

Holy guacamole

Now let's see what the reaction on UT is like. People here are always complaining about dull, boring boxes. But they also complain if a design is too different ("It belongs in Dubai where they have no taste, not in Toronto").

Looks cool. I can already imagine people base jumping from the CN tower with fly suits and flying through the gap.

I can dig it. I imagine this is an early concept rendering and it'll look less heavy handed once the design is refined a bit. Cool concept though.

Here are some brief notes from the meeting:

-The hotel would have 163 rooms
-Roughly 360 parking spaces, 6 storeys of underground parking
-20m separation between the two towers
-10% of units being 3 bedroom, I believe the square footage for a 3 bedroom was 850 sq ft,
-10th floor green roof/outdoor space
-The lane way to the south of the site will be extended by a grand total of 1 meter
-And I forget the exact number, correct me if I'm wrong, about 1000 condo units.

Aside from the heritage building preservation, I wasn't too crazy how it meets the street. Then again, it's very early so that could possibly change.

Back