Toronto No. 210 Residences on Simcoe | ?m | 25s | Diamond Corp | P + S / IBI

Why not build a fortress? Maybe they can build it so it looks like a little castle? If they locate it to certain suburbs, it would blend right in. Now that's security.

In fact, don't relocate. Just re-create the lost Toronto Armoury building, but across the street from where it was. It was vaguely castle-like. On weekends it could convert to a Medieval Times.

If I controlled America I'd demand stunning architecture behind my consulate.
It would be nice if someone controlled America whose foreign policy didn't require countries hosting their embassies to look at concrete and railings. Be nice if someone told the Toronto consulate there was a nice spot for them beside the Lafarge plant for them to relocate to - it would have the upside of a harbour view :D

Photos taken 1 January 2013

IMG_1977_1-L.jpg

IMG_1979_1-X2.jpg

I remember walking up University and seeing the crane. I couldn't figure out what was going on there. Seems like an "interesting" place for a condo. Is the garage coming down?

Last edited:
I don't know if a date has been targeted to remove the garage to the south, but when it comes down, whatever replaces it will also result in a swap of uses: Michael Sweet Avenue which currently runs along the south side of No210 will move to run through the south end of where the garage now stands. A new building (probably with a currently unused 200 Simcoe address on it) would be built up against No210. That's why you see the blue spandrel panel sections on No210 going up the lot line. I'm assuming the 200 Simcoe development would be a two tower project with one of them facing St. Patrick, more importantly preserving direct sunlight into the No210 courtyard.

I don't know if it has to do with the consulate, but I believe it does have to do with the stub of Simcoe that remains open south of the current Michael Sweet Ave., a short piece which complicates vehicular movements on the street.

Back