Toronto No. 210 Residences on Simcoe | ?m | 25s | Diamond Corp | P + S / IBI

IMG_20120616_170030.jpg

IMG_20120616_170223.jpg

Anyone know how much further down they'll go?

This one is indeed under the radar... and for good reason. I got stopped by the freakin RCMP for taking this photo "near the US embassy"
Sept 19th:

xOgzB.jpg

Not surprised. They also specifically told me that I was not allowed to photograph anything on the closed section of simcoe until I got past the barricades...I just sort of laughed and said that I was well within my rights as I walked away.

They've begun pouring the concrete.

IMG_20120927_111423.jpg

IMG_20120926_142722.jpg

I know this project is pretty dull, but at least they're making good progress.

Last edited:
I hope the spandrel wall will at least look like the rendering: shimmering, colour variations. Not a wall of drab flat grey-blue panels.
It looks like the southwest corner units has some panels of transparent glass on the south spandel wall in the rendering.

The site looks extremely skinny when compared to the rendering.

Michael Sweet Avenue will be moved south to accommodate another building directly south of No201. The road and the parking garage directly south of it are essentially trading places.

God I hope the use a quality architect. If I controlled America I'd demand stunning architecture behind my consulate. Although walking by it the other day I realized it's beginning to look out of place...perhaps they'll move somewhere else and sell out to a developer?

have you seen the consulates the states have been building lately? they are complete fortresses. believe me, you don't want the states to build a new consulate in toronto. we will just end up with a fortress in the middle of our downtown.

have you seen the consulates the states have been building lately? they are complete fortresses. believe me, you don't want the states to build a new consulate in toronto. we will just end up with a fortress in the middle of our downtown.

Why not build a fortress? Maybe they can build it so it looks like a little castle? If they locate it to certain suburbs, it would blend right in. Now that's security.

Back