Toronto No. 210 Residences on Simcoe | ?m | 25s | Diamond Corp | P + S / IBI

This looks dreadful at street level (there's not much happening here, but still...).

I like the C shape to the building. Why did buildings as letters go out of style?

`
210simcoe.jpg

based on the unit floorplans, all that blue glass facing south is not transparent, it's decorated spandel panel which is too bad.
Denying all those end units of south facing windows is unfortunate. It will also create a dark lifeless facade at night.

Application: Partial Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 11 327064 SHO 00 PP Accepted Date: Dec 19, 2011

Project: Apartment Building Partial Permit - Shoring

Description: Part Permit - Proposal to construct a 25 condo + mech penthouse and 3 levels of below grade parking. 298 residential units.

based on the unit floorplans, all that blue glass facing south is not transparent, it's decorated spandel panel which is too bad.
Denying all those end units of south facing windows is unfortunate. It will also create a dark lifeless facade at night.

I noticed that too.

Here's the answer:

...require the owner ... to secure the following:

A warning clause in any Purchase and Sale Agreements with respect to the
possible relocation of Michael Sweet Avenue to a location further south.

South: the temporary Michael Sweet Avenue, which according to the Master Plan is to be
replaced with a 192-unit residential building with a maximum residential gross floor area
of 18,000 square metres.

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2011/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-37956.pdf

Looks like that south wall will abutt a new building in future.

Looks like that south wall will abutt a new building in future.

I wonder if any purchasers of the courtyard facing units are aware of the fact they are buying into a future "light well" ??

Back