P1400995.jpg

Attachments

• P1400984.jpg
    P1400984.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 788
  • P1400995.jpg
    P1400995.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 775
Sometimes we need good background fabric buildings to make the landmark ones stand out. This is one of them. Too much flashiness means too much noise- if everything's flashy, nothing is.

I also agree. It turned out much better than anticipated, and is very easy on the eyes.

Every time I plan to walk over and take a look at this it rains, but I'll get there. From the great photographs I really like the brick base and restored Planning Mill building, the glass tower above is OK, average glass, not altogether unique but not bad - frankly, I find myself more concerned and drawn to the Scientology building.

I also agree. It turned out much better than anticipated, and is very easy on the eyes.

Core does good building. The guys at UrbanCapital know what they're doing too. Without shouting look at me, Nicholas is a handsome presence.

They've matched the gray spandrel well with the windows here; the degree of reflectivity helps the spandrels blend in and enhance rather than flatten and detract.

I see this project everyday, and I've always thought it looked quite good. Not iconic by any standard, but it blends in well and doesn't hurt to look at. Overall a solid B+ when you factor in the well handled podium!

I wonder if the city and the architects realized how close the door overhang would be from the streetlight. I saw it yesterday and it's can't be more than 6 inches or so.

Back